just not goonie enough

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
after seeing the goonie x-wing, I thought to try and make one myself.
It just doesn't seem GOONIE enough:eek:

I think they're more than "gooniefied". They look great!!!

BTW, where'd you get the n/c for the Viper? Please tell . . .

after seeing the goonie x-wing, I thought to try and make one myself.
It just doesn't seem GOONIE enough:eek:

(Keanu Reeves voice ON) Whoa!!!! (Keanu OFF) Very cool! Can't wait to see them in paint and decals.

Is that a 24mm motor mount I see in the first x-wing photo?

Well that's just great. Now I've got a couple more Goonies that I'm going to have to build.

Seriously, they look Goony enough for me. The Viper is particularly nice.

Good job!

Yeah - draw a tongue-wagging cross-eyed pilot on the cockpits of those two!

Goony or not, they sure are cute! (and YES those are Goony...)

I think they're more than "gooniefied". They look great!!!

BTW, where'd you get the n/c for the Viper? Please tell . . .

It looks like a Bertha nose cone with the tip cut off at an angle... Don't over think it!:D

Goony is what goony d..... oh never mind, :)
They're COOL I especialy like the Viper!:cool:

That's because you did such a great job, Mike, that they start to look like scale models.....OK, maybe stand-off scale.....OK, maybe stand-way-off scale. Heck, you even have a tapered forward fuselage on the X-wing (NICE job!)

To make them more goony, try grossly oversizing or undersizing some of the features. Teeny wings, or four wings each swept at a different angle? Different BT sizes for the four engine nacelles/tubes, or at least tilt them around at screwy angles? Your Viper's clipped nose looks great, but why not rotate it 45 or 90 degrees out of position?

Half the fun is to make them look silly, mis-align some parts until it looks like it can't possibly fly, and then it will REALLY be goony

That's because you did such a great job, Mike, that they start to look like scale models.....OK, maybe stand-off scale.....OK, maybe stand-way-off scale. Heck, you even have a tapered forward fuselage on the X-wing (NICE job!)

To make them more goony, try grossly oversizing or undersizing some of the features. Teeny wings, or four wings each swept at a different angle? Different BT sizes for the four engine nacelles/tubes, or at least tilt them around at screwy angles? Your Viper's clipped nose looks great, but why not rotate it 45 or 90 degrees out of position?

Half the fun is to make them look silly, mis-align some parts until it looks like it can't possibly fly, and then it will REALLY be goony

Did any of the originals really have "misaligned" parts?

Okay Mike you opened this thread, posted some great pictures, and now have disappeared. Come 'on don't leave us hanging . . . please.

Weeeelll, I did use different sizes on the engines. Engine front BT 50, Engine rear BT 5.

A few years ago, there was a toy craze that swept over Japan and spread here - the Super-Deformed vehicle. They did it to almost everything - cars, planes, and even super-robots (Gundam and Macross were favorite subjects). To me, that's what these are - super-deformed space models.;)

Back