12" Diameter "Goony" Mosquito

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSLimo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

Anyone tried a Goony upscale Mosquito?

I'm thinking of building a 12" diameter upscale Estes Mosquito "Goony" for LDRS this year. Something fun, easy Estes rocket to relate to with classic colors. I already have a 12" diameter nosecone and matching tube.

12MOS.JPG

Here's a concept pic, the fin's obviously aren't to scale thickness but the idea is there.

Any thought's?

Hey Guy's,

Anyone tried a Goony upscale Mosquito?

I'm thinking of building a 12" diameter upscale Estes Mosquito "Goony" for LDRS this year. Something fun, easy Estes rocket to relate to with classic colors. I already have a 12" diameter nosecone and matching tube.

View attachment 568509

Here's a concept pic, the fin's obviously aren't to scale thickness but the idea is there.

Any thought's?

That would be a fantastic build. Do you have a sim file? I would love to try to 3d Print some parts and test them out.

That would be a fantastic build. Do you have a sim file? I would love to try to 3d Print some parts and test them out.
Once again, same build as Bullet Bobby 4.6 except for the fins which I still have to add to the file.

Attachments

• MQ.ork
    2.1 KB · Views: 0
I will probably 3d Print some fins to test. I am also doing a 12-inch bullet bobby to test material and see if they flutter.

Back