Just came back from a great rocket launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
I just came back from a very successful rocket launch in brothers Oregon, and I thought some of you would like to hear about what rockets launched and how they went.

First off is my Estes multi-roc. It had a perfect 2 stage+glider flight and I recovered all of the pieces! Here is a short launch video:

I will enter each rocket in a seperate post on this thread, this is the firs one.

Attachments

• 20230722_131829_1.mp4
    11.1 MB
Then there is my 3d printed starship superheavy. This flew on an E20 motor. For some odd reason, I was perfectly stable at first, but then became unstable at the very last second. Here is the video:

Attachments

• 20230722_124830_1.mp4
    16.4 MB
Yes Hobbie1dog, they found an amazing launch site. 20,000 ft agl waiver too! Anyway, I also launched a scratch built 18mm minimum diameter rocket on a d20- I never found that one! Here is the video, even though it wasn't much of a video...

Attachments

• 20230723_102413_1.mp4
    6.9 MB
My 3d printed V2 had an interesting flight on an E20. More info on the build and a launch video is on this thread: 3d printed V2

One of the best flight of the launch was on my scratch build clone Mega Der Red Max. It flew low and slow on an f67W. I have included both a normal and a slow motion video! Here they are:

Attachments

• IMG_3866.MOV
    1.9 MB
  • New Projectt.mp4
    32.7 MB
I also launched my 3" dia. Laser Lance from dragon rocketry on another F67. Here is the thread where the video is:Rocket launch

I shot some test footage with a new camera arrangement on Saturday, but it will be a while before I get them edited and posted. I am still working on videos from the Northwest eXtreme Rocket Show, the regional launch event at the Bothers site conducted by Oregon Rocketry. Videos from the first day are all up on a dedicated playlist on a channel at

https://www.youtube.com/@LastOxRocks-xm4se
It will be another week and a half or two weeks before all of the NXRS videos are posted.

I have a quite different opinion of that launch site than the OP, but a high waiver is the best part, one of the worst parts is its high desert, and the sage brush hides rockets every bit as well as corn.
I still have a rocket hiding out there somewhere amongst all that sage brush.

PS: For those who have been there, raise your hand if you've managed to drop one on the little air strip to the NE. Really fun walk, barbed wire fence.....

Hans.

Back