Just bought some Fliskits...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc_G

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My lovely wife encouraged me to buy myself a fathers day gift. I wound up ordering two kits from Fliskits : a Mystic and a Corona with booster combo. Got baffles for both.

If there's interest I will do build threads when they work their way to top of my queue.

Looking forward to some fun!

Marc

Mark, I'd like to see the Mystic. My girl won the Mystic and Bullseye in the Fliskits photo contest. We have yet to open either. She has had a kit half built since November that she needs to finish first, hopefully by this weekend. She's found interest in rockets again. Then we'll do the Bullseye. I'm guessing the Mystic is way beyond her but would like to see if there are any gotcha's involved in the build.

Mark,

I'd love to see fit and finish around the Corona Booster and Booster / Sustainer mating. After the most tenderest of primer coats, my two pieces are practically inseperable. Great for romantic comedy, not so much for 2 stage rocketry! There's more than one reason why Sandee is the name of my ex:rolleyes:

If you are going to build the “Corona” as a two stage then you must not primer or paint the outside of the sustainer stage ring and the inside of the booster ring.

Sand these two areas with 400 and 600 grit sandpapers until you get a smooth silky fit and separation.

After I had completed the kit I dusted and burnished the inside of the booster ring with a bit of “Dry-Slid” graphite lubricant.

I got a good handfull of Fliskits now.Those 2 I dont have. Be interested on how the 'stic goes.

OK then, I'll do build threads.

Can't wait till they get here! I ordered directly from Fliskits and it looks like there's no way to track the order, so I'll just sit tight. Got cleanup of my spaces to do first anyway. :wink:

Marc

Marc,

We had run out of Corona boosters so your order hasn't shipped yet... :(

However, they are now back in stock and your order is packed and ready to go. It will go out with this afternoons truck and you should have it by Friday! :)

jim

The kits arrived yesterday! I'm excited to start the Mystic first, but I have some clean up from other messes to do first. I'll start a build thread for each model once I get going.

Marc

Back