Jolly Logic Altimeter 3 Alternative?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atestani

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can't wait any longer to get an altimeter for an upcoming launch of a new scratch-built rocket. I am on several lists to be alerted when the JLA3 is available and have also asked directly. Nothing of substance, only "we are working on it".

So what are alternatives with similar functions? I have seen references to the FlightSketch Mini but it isn't clear it is being sold any longer or if the company is even in business.

Any other leads would be appreciated!

I can't wait any longer to get an altimeter for an upcoming launch of a new scratch-built rocket. I am on several lists to be alerted when the JLA3 is available and have also asked directly. Nothing of substance, only "we are working on it".

So what are alternatives with similar functions? I have seen references to the FlightSketch Mini but it isn't clear it is being sold any longer or if the company is even in business.

Any other leads would be appreciated!
A very cheap alternative (US$20) is the Eggtimer ION WiFi-Enabled Flight Data Logger

The ION is an alternative IF you don’t want/need the accelerometer data and your application won’t mind the much larger size/greater mass. There are a couple of other caveats with the ION, but it will give you altitude data wirelessly (over a local WiFi connection rather than Bluetooth).

FlightSketch is still in business and is working toward another batch of Minis (and possibly even some Comps) but I do not know what the current status is. @gtg738w?

AltimeterThree is also supposed to come back, but I have less idea when that might be than the FlightSketch Mins. @John Beans?

If specific flight data points (rather than plots of the whole flight) based on both barometric and accelerometer data would work for you, then AltimeterTwo, which IS available, would be an option.

Back