It's happening

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My 1998 Ranger with 365,000+ miles needs injectors replaced, exhaust is rusted off, and needs several more repairs. The state would gladly pay for the repairs, except it did not pass the inspection. It seams the lower C on the frame rail on the passenger side with the catelitack converter on the inside, and the cab mount on the outside has rusted away about 6". So we are without a vehicle.
My wife has not been able to work since she started kemo, and pretty ill every day from it.
Since she is not working, we did not make rent the 1st. We are being evicted at the end of the month. I have no idea where we will go. The phone, TV and internet will be shut off at any time. Gas and electric is not far behind.
I haven't had time to post very much lately as I'm doing my best to keep on things around the house for my wife.
But I thought I would take time to let everyone know that I will be gone for a while. Maybe a very long while.
I have a hearing the 29th for disability, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. We don't have money for gas to give to someone to take my, or us as Tina want's to attend this time.
The bottom has arrived. The wife is also seeking disability as she can not work. She is trying for temperary disability. The rules are she has to be off work for at least 30 days (which it has almost been that) and not to expect to return to work for at least 6 months. He kemo will last 6 months the first time around.
She then is scheduled to have another bone marrow biopsy to see if the cancer has spread.
Since her lymphoma is blood born, she will likely be on kemo the rest of her life.
The type of cancer she has is not curable. Treatable yes, but it can spread without warning to other parts of her body, most like her vital organs. Frankly, she is only 53 and am very worried she will see her next birthday.
Please pray for us. We really need a change in luck for once.
John, Tina & Josh.

John, you are in my thoughts.

I noticed a lack of presence by you and was hoping it was not due to events such as you are now going through.

If I lived anywhere near you I would drive you to your hearing, but unfortunately that doesn't seem possible.

Have you asked the doctors about clinical trials, specifically CAR-T based therapies? There have been recent breakthroughs for very specific types of cancers so I put that out there just in case it leads to new options for her. My wife was a lucky survivor of childhood leukemia; her specific type of cancer now has a CAR-T therapy that is highly effective for those unresponsive to prior treatments.

Best wishes sir. Your ability to push through difficult times has been an inspiration to many of us.

John, have you tried calling a church? There has got to be someone who can give you a ride and find a place for you to stay, even if short term. Check in with local churches and shelters, and meanwhile I will pray for you.

Easy to not know what to say in response to such a horrible turn of events at every turn. I am so sorry this is happening to you all and dearly hope that some change of luck makes the horizon not seem so bleak. Thank you for sharing your story...let’s all wish for a happy(ier) ending.

Woody, find a neighbor and plead your case to make sure you get to that hearing. I got awarded my disability 3 weeks after my phone interview but it took 5 months to get the first check. We died financially in those 5 months. Hang in there, and hope your wife responds to the treatment. Contact your local gov. offices for all the assistance available like food stamps, but go there and sit down to talk with a rep and explain your situation.

Woody, I will indeed pray for your family. May the Lord being you comfort and peace.

Back