It can be problematic when your wife knows about The Rocketry Forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, my wife has been looking for a Reader’s Digest story about a man and his dog, apparently first printed around 1970 and reprinted around 1980. When the dog got old, the man had to carry the dog up and down the stairs. Since I am always bragging about the wealth of knowledge (rocket and non-rocket related) on this forum, she thinks ”somebody” on this forum might be able to help her find it.

for what it’s worth, Lucy the Rocket dog (technically she is a Labrador Retriever, but I call her a RINO, Retriever In Name Only, because she’ll fetch the ball once, the next time you throw it, she’s like, “Hey, if you don’t want it I don’t want it either!” And go on her mer way), anyway, she will be 15 years old (so 105 in dog years?) soon, and she’s starting to fade. Funny dog, the ONLY time she barks (and I mean ONLY) is during rocket flight count downs.

so if anyone recognizes the story and can point us in the right direction it would be appreciated.

thanks!

Not much help here but the Internet Archives has a lot of the Reader's Digest indexes. They are categorized by year & subject and fortunately, "animals" is on the 1st or 2nd page. 1975 appears to be missing but perhaps one of the categorized story titles can jog your memories? I didn't see any obvious repeat in animal stories in the 1980-89 indexes.

Good luck though!

https://archive.org/details/pub_readers-digest?sort=-date

helpful. I am trying to remember your AVATAR build, I may have asked this before, how was the flight? I loved the lines on that bird.

Back