Indiana Rocketry Launch Jan.12-13th Ash Grove Indiana.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Our first two day launch of 2013! Located off exit 178 on Interstate 65 just north of Lafayette Indiana. Standing waiver to 16,000' with UNLIMITED call-ins to 22,000' BOTH days! We carry our own insurance so BOTH EX and, Commercial fly from 10am-5pm all day long!
Wilson F/X Launch System ready to throw fire to anything form an Estes 1/4 A to an O with miles of open land for safe recovery convenience.
Two Tripoli TAPS on hand....plus a NAR L3CC on hand to help you out with anything from a NAR Jr. cert. to a full blown L3 project!
From the folks who brought you the first "N" flown in the state of Indiana.....The first "O" and....and, SOON the first "P" motor! Woooooo.......
We are here to help you out in any way....See you this weekend!:smile:

Rumor is Manny is going to do an EX "N" on Sunday......Someone bring a camera...:grin:

Rumor is Manny is going to do an EX "N" on Sunday......Someone bring a camera...:grin:

If my tepanol gets here today or tomorrow, which it should, then the rumor is true. I am getting ready to make a BIG mix of Tiger Tail, the motor is a 6 grain 98mm and should come out to an N2795 with 13,300 Ns and a 4.75 second burn. I will be flying it in my Gizmo XL DD which should hit around 14,000 feet on this motor.

I have been meaning to get down to one of your launches. Sounds like a great time to go. Looking at the weather, I may use Saturday's temps to throw some paint on some rockets and then will check things out on Sunday. Any vendors that are slated to be there?

At this time, we do not have a vendor locked in for the weekend......but, sometimes we get a request or two before our events.
Maybe Dave from Red Arrow? Wildman.....? We don't turn anybody down......:smile:

My "N" motor is making progress, I am making the last two grains tonight and my O-rings should be here soon. The other four look good so far, and the first two are fully cured so I will be pulling the coring rods out tonight. I will be pretty tired after this three day mix session, I think I am going to invest in a kitchenaid mixer for my next big motor, hand mixing is too much work.........

By the way; Gus, will you have your pad this weekend? I need something really stable to fly off of, the thing weighs like 70#

Last edited:
I will be pretty tired after this three day mix session, I think I am going to invest in a kitchenaid mixer for my next big motor, hand mixing is too much work.........

Like this one? (I bought it for Tricia for her birthday. You are welcome to use it as long as you promise to return it clean before Feb 17.)

:wink:

IMG_1006.jpg

Like this one? (I bought it for Tricia for her birthday. You are welcome to use it as long as you promise to return it clean before Feb 17.)

:wink:

I can see it now.....

"Honey! Does this cake smell like ammonia to you?"

My grand father was going to give me a huge 35qt mixer, but my uncle didn't believe him that it was for rocket fuel and sold it......

I will also need the PU tower. Looks like Saturday will be the best day.

Dennis

The forecast I'm looking at says rain pretty much all day/night Saturday but then finally tapering off to 10% chance by Sunday late morning.

UPDATE: Well now the www.wunderground.com forecast has deteriorated considerably for Sunday--both days iffy, Sunday worse. May have to delay my two-stage flight yet another month.

Last edited:
View attachment 112070

Hi Manny! Lookey what "Uncle Gus" has too help you mix propellant with!
Vintage 1967.....ohhhhh.....See, its a hastily purchased "Wedding Present" for a young un-wedded couple that were living in Las Vegas at the time in a VERY small apartment.....when they found out that they were going too need a bigger place and, their sleep patterns were going to get trashed for the next 18 years!

Come to think about it.....weren't they still doing ALOT of above ground nuke tests down range by Indian Springs.....oh, about that time?

That's were I get my dyslexia from....:lol:

You might want too decrease your solids on that "mix" though........

On a serious note though.....I can only be there Sunday...and, so will the weather.
Dennis, I was going to bring my personal stand (Aluminumzilla) and, launch system so that Manny could entertain us with a pretty fireworks show and, that U of I could test their USLI Rocket.....If you think it would work for you (10-10 and, 15-15 rails) we can launch most anything you have.
Come to think of it.....Those little rascals at Purdue have been very quiet recently....

I may want to check in as "Advisor Meister.....Master Piepenburg" needs too start cracking the whip on them.
College can makes you smarts but, Gus with a foul mouth can motivate their little A$$'#$ in a heartbeat......

Last edited:
4" 6grain sparky load in a 65# 6" rocket. 15-15 buttons. See you this weekend!

Ah yes, Aluminumzilla. Takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n!:kill:

The "Manny Flies Last" Rule will be in effect.....:lol:
Everyone bring Muck boots.....I'll bring TWO shovels and some "body bags."

A hand mixed N? His forearms are going to look like Popeye's before the end of the year........

The "Manny Flies Last" Rule will be in effect.....:lol:
Everyone bring Muck boots.....I'll bring TWO shovels and some "body bags."

A hand mixed N? His forearms are going to look like Popeye's before the end of the year........

Nope! If things work out as planned, Manny will have a shinny new Kitchen Aid 6qt mixer at his disposal. Hopefully..........
He'll be cranking out grains at an alarming rate.

Adrian

Weather Sunday sucked! Manny made the right decision to wait for a better day.

Back