Indiana Rocketry Launch Dec 7-8th Ash Grove Indiana

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Folks, once again we are planning a club launch for the 7th and, 8th of December at our Ash Grove field.
Standing Waiver at 16,000' with UNLIMITED call in's to 22,000'! Miles of hassle free recovery and, NO pesky powerlines.....
Reliable Wilson F/X launch system, Estes rack to two "Towers of Power" available (the bigger with prior notice....please) able to handle rockets up to 250#'s plus.
Located right off of exit 178 on I-65 in west central Indiana...with many convenient gas/food stops nearby.....
We will most likely have a vendor in Red Arrow and/or Bob Jablonski on hand to handle your last minute needs or future endeavors!

From the humble little club that hosts the Midwest's *second largest launch (Thunderstruck)* we cordially invite you too come fly with us...at the home of the....

1. The first "O" impulse rocket launched in Indiana!:D (Too many times now!)
2. The first "P" impulse rocket launched in Indiana!:D (More than one now!)
3. The home of several *mysterious* scorchy marks...."As seen on Goggle Earth!":rolleyes:

Hope too see you there!:cool:

Last edited:
Woo hoo! I have it on my calendar! Hopefully after Black Friday sales I will still have money for some reloads!

Once I'm back from break I gotta bust out the old 7.5" and finish her up, got a nice blue M burning a hole in my pocket for it's first flight. Hoping for good weather, but since Richard is planning his L3 there's definitely no guarantees :p

Once I'm back from break I gotta bust out the old 7.5" and finish her up, got a nice blue M burning a hole in my pocket for it's first flight. Hoping for good weather, but since Richard is planning his L3 there's definitely no guarantees :p

...and then a 6" O in it at Red Glare??? :wink:

I'll be there With some LOC EZI65 kits and a I65 half off coupon with the purchase with the kit (or just discount the kit) along with everything else last word is the I65 DMS will be out in later Dec or Jan.
Mr. Bob
Starlight dude

I'll be there With some LOC EZI65 kits and a I65 half off coupon with the purchase with the kit (or just discount the kit) along with everything else last word is the I65 DMS will be out in later Dec or Jan.
Mr. Bob
Starlight dude

Cool! Wish I was there to capitalize on this. Nostalgia!

One thing i wanted too point out that some of you know already is that we do carry our own insurance.......so, we allow commercial and, EX to fly any time/any day at our launches.

As usual, we adhere to the safety rules set forth by both NAR and, TRA pertaining to the distances and, handling of such motors.

But, the one thing some may not know is that.....We also have the capability to launch hybrids with our Wilson F/X launch system.

If you've wondered about this little known fact or wondered if we can.....well, we've done it!

"Passing Gas" in the field is something we allow for our non-bovine friends too!:D

Was hoping to be there both days, but SCAM's x-mas party is Saturday. So we will SE you all Sunday. What will fly, 6" intimidator on a. NN 1300 skid, and If I can get it done a Formmula 200 on an N3700. See you all then.

Dennis

Same thing for the Gross's, Christmas party on Saturday & launching on Sunday.

Fire Hydrant on an I211
Comp 3 on a J skid
Warrior on a J skid
Eagle Claw on a K skid.

See ya all there.
Mike

What time are you guys planning on setting up the launch equipment and getting the festivities under way?

Excellent, see you guys Saturday! I have four motors that are weighing me down...

Got to my day job today and they posted manditory Sat (overtime). So I will only be able to show up Sunday with the goody car.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

We'll be there if the weather is good. Otherwise, we'll be warm and dry at the only rocket lab in Indiana that makes NASA jealous.

I already have thunder struck 2014 scheduled off for me . I will be at the launch next weekend one or both days

Not sure if we will make it. Daughter and I are both fighting colds and I can't say it would be a great idea for us. Maybe things will look up by the weekend.

just talked to Dave at Red Arrow. He will be unable to make it this weekend.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

hey David I will try to talk to you if your not to busy this weekend

See me Sunday. I'm down to 1 EZI65 kit at the moment but it is still on. I am going to do this in the Jan. and Feb. launch also. Plus I am going to build one for myself for Thunderstruck and see if I can get some interest in a drag race.
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

I think everyone knows it's going too be "slightly cool" this weekend....so please bring extra layers and, snacks/fluids too keep your energy levels up.

Where does that *Global Warming Theory* stand now...huh:confused:

I unfortunately will not be able to make it either day....which is not how i wanted to end my tenure as the Prez....
Some business has come up and, i will be very busy next week......
The idea was to "FREE QUEBEC" but, that fell through.

1. French Toast.
2. French Fries..
3. French Bread...
4. REAL Cuban cigars!;)

Looks like i'll just have to settle for "Liberating Ontario" (It's a looooonnng story).

FREE ONTARIO, GUS!:D

I think everyone knows it's going too be "slightly cool" this weekend....so please bring extra layers and, snacks/fluids too keep your energy levels up.

Where does that *Global Warming Theory* stand now...huh:confused:

I unfortunately will not be able to make it either day....which is not how i wanted to end my tenure as the Prez....
Some business has come up and, i will be very busy next week......
The idea was to "FREE QUEBEC" but, that fell through.

1. French Toast.
2. French Fries..
3. French Bread...
4. REAL Cuban cigars!;)

Looks like i'll just have to settle for "Liberating Ontario" (It's a looooonnng story).

FREE ONTARIO, GUS!:D

Have fun, try not to get into to much trouble, let Tim be the voice of reason :eyeroll:

thanks Gus for being the prez, when I have more street cred I will run for something

Back