Indiana Rocketry Launch Dec 7-8th Ash Grove Indiana

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Congrats to Richard.

Hey, are those wind turbines in the background? Is your launch site in jeopardy with the encroachment of those things?

Cool. Congrats to Richard.

Hey, are those wind turbines in the background? Is your launch site in jeopardy with the encroachment of those things?

1. Yes, they are.
2. Nope...stated plans are to expand too the north and, due....due west in the next ten years.

Richard Cash just notched his L3 with a PERFECT flight to just over 10,000 feet. Telemetrum reported data all the way up and down. WAY TO GO! :D

YES!!! The Purple Propellant Eater flies onto glory!

Good job ohhhh....."Grand Patriarch".;)

D$$$ it I missed it! Way to go Richard! See you all tomorrow.

Dennis

Congrats Richard on your Level 3 flight. What did it go up on? Sorry we missed it.

Jenny

All right Richard ,good job rocket looks nice . I knew I should have been there today . I will be there tomorrow .

Freezing cold but crystal clear and almost dead calm, what an awesome day for flying rockets. My camera died but I shot some videos with my phone to hopefully make up the balance.

So many certifications today! Out of 21 flights, we had 4 L1 certs, one L2, and one L3. Congrats to everyone.

Jacob Might's H143:

Mike Soboleski's Mithras makes a really nice J motor flight:

Richard arming his L3:

Away on the M2250 C-Star:

Recovery:

Tom McFee's Red Flame on an F50T:

Curtis Reynolds loading his 4" tubefin for his L2 attempt (success! congrats!!!):

[YOUTUBE]NIe5uq1b8KU[/YOUTUBE]

The last flight of Jacob's Super DX3 prior to meeting terra firma :(
[YOUTUBE]EAh2vlRLkls[/YOUTUBE]

Mike Soboleski loading Cronus with a J415W:

Steven Trott's L1 cert flight on an H210R:
[YOUTUBE]j95qiyER5rI[/YOUTUBE]

I know lots of other people had cameras and videos going, so post 'em up, I'd love to see them! Especially Randy's awesome Patriot flight and the trifecta of SEDS L1 attempts. A total of 17,655 Ns was burned, making the average flight a small J (803 Ns). I think the cold kept away the kids flying Estes today; we missed them! We'll be out there again tomorrow. See you then!

Last edited:
Was Curtis successful on the L2?
Yup, nailed it! It went a lot higher than we expected; even with the tube fins it was pushing 2500'+ IIRC. He had a big pink 45" chute in it, and it took forever to come down. Luckily, the winds were so calm that it was a relatively short walk. (Curtis seems to have a habit of that ;))

Wish I could have been there and joining in on all the certification fun. Congrats to all!

Good job Curtis , another guy that scratch built his nose cone . And good job everyone else on there HPR flights

Thanks again for you help David, very much appreciated.

The day started of painfully cold, but the air and the pads warmed up quickly. The most amazing part was how crystal clear the skies were. Richard sent his L3 attempt to over 10k', and we never lost sight of it though the entire flight.

I ended up way off on my drag predictions. I used a fairly conservative Cd of .95, but must be closer to .75 to get to the actual 2668'.

Sorry we missed it. Looks like it was a great launch. The air was great today, but had work to do.

Congradulations Richard, and everyone that made cert today.

I think everyone knows it's going too be "slightly cool" this weekend....so please bring extra layers and, snacks/fluids too keep your energy levels up.

Where does that *Global Warming Theory* stand now...huh:confused:

I unfortunately will not be able to make it either day....which is not how i wanted to end my tenure as the Prez....
Some business has come up and, i will be very busy next week......
The idea was to "FREE QUEBEC" but, that fell through.

1. French Toast.
2. French Fries..
3. French Bread...
4. REAL Cuban cigars!;)

Looks like i'll just have to settle for "Liberating Ontario" (It's a looooonnng story).

FREE ONTARIO, GUS!:D

So, how was the strip search??

Latest posts

Back