EVENT ICBM / Rocketry SC 11-12 FEB Research and Sport Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Come fly with us in SC where we have the weather to fly 12 months a year. The first 12 fliers that are new to our field and notify me ahead of time get a free gift.

These three have been ready to go since November. The Ohio weather has just not been properly cooperating.

If the Stars will just stay in alignment I'll see you on the 11th.

TMO-1st-Launch-2022.JPG

Are you able to fly in February?
We can fly in February if the temps are not too low - and we need to help university teams get some test flights in.

It's a great opportunity to see if students know how to properly dress for the weather in a wide-open cornfield.

But usually we stop just after Thanksgiving, and then start up again in March.

TMO_12-08-2018_Launch.jpg

Last edited:
You an any college team are welcome at our launch site. We need to build the base.

If you're meaning the paper mill in Catawba - nope.

Sawmill in Greenwood area.

If you haven't flown at the Dalzell field, it is a nice place to fly for sure. Good field, good people, good time. Hope you get to make it. I won't get to meet you, as I'll be in S. Florida at the time, but definitely worth checking out!

Sandy. (back on topic, sorry for the divert. . . )

This is why you always do a "systems check" before you go to a launch.

The T3 tracker did not turn on. Had to perform a little brain surgery. Broken wire on the battery.

Lotus-5-BrainSurgery.JPG Bad-Wire.JPG

New battery in place. Now for a little scalpel work and soldering on the old battery . . .

This is why you always do a "systems check" before you go to a launch.

The T3 tracker did not turn on. Had to perform a little brain surgery. Broken wire on the battery.

View attachment 560901 View attachment 560902

New battery in place. Now for a little scalpel work and soldering on the old battery . . .
It is a good idea. The trees are unforgiving, especially if you do not know which tree.

Latest posts

Back