I Hate it When my Work Life Gets in the Way of my Rich Hobby Life

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No time to even glue fins onto a Skill Level 1 rocket. :-( Too busy working. Sigh.
To be honest, that's been a great detriment to my participation since BAR'ing in January 2020. But we all know that deal, gotta put bread on the table. And I have a home and yard that requires a lot of yard work and maintenance to keep up with - last night would have been a wonderful launch night: clear, cool and calm, but I had to finish brushwacking the hillside under the power lines so the guy from the power company knows what NOT to spray... and actually, I want to walk it down with him and figure out what they don't like so I can cut it - we drink from a spring at the base of the hill, the less "EPA approved" vegetation killer up there, the better.

So generally with working, most evenings are spent out in the yard working on something, or washing the car, or fixing something. Up until the virius hit, I lost an hour both ways just getting to & from the office! It's constant. Only in winter did I really have much time to build. And in summer, getting the gang together for launches on short notice is always a challenge. Now as to @Cape Byron, I can only imagine what farming would be like - you're never done! I only have a little under 6 acres, mostly wooded.

But what's it like growing cornflakes? What kind of plant do they grow on? Can you just pick'em and put them in boxes? ;)

Back