Hybrid Devoted Rocketry Site (yahoo group)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Many of the new fliers just coming into rocketry may not know, that Doug Pratt of PRATT Hobbies has been hosting a Hybrid Rocket Motor yahoo group now for many years. If you really want the answers to your questions on hybrid rocket power, then join the yahoo group. There are many knowledgeable fliers in the group that can accurately answer all of your questions, and there are hybrid rocket motor manufacturers that can update you on their product lines. This group has photos, videoss & spreadhseets, etc etc that are all devoted to hybrid rocket motor technology. Here is the link to start learning about hybrids again, or for the first time:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hybridrocketmotors/

Have all the hybrid fliers gone into a closet?

I am an out of the closet hybrid flyer but I rarely post anything on the Yahoo group because when I try to do it with email it never shows up and I'm too lazy to do it the hard way. I have no idea what's wrong because it works on other Yahoo groups. It's not a big deal because I hardly every have anything important to say.

I know what you mean; I'm not a yahoo fan in general, as they run the email for Bellsouth now, it is substandard at best. But the hybrid rocket motor yahoo group has been around for a good while, and works surprisingly well... as long as yahoo leaves it alone.

There are new fliers coming into the world of rocketry who want to know more about the topic of hybrids (without the negative feedback), and I wanted to point them towards Doug Pratt as he has the bases covered with his yahoo group. Maybe you are already an avid hybrid flier, and did not know the group existed (by living under a rock :) )... stop by and browse the knowledge base.

Have all the hybrid fliers gone into a closet?
I mostly lurk on the list too, although I did just respond to Kevin's post. ;)

BTW- good to see your DragonWorks updates showing up in my RSS feed again!

BTW- good to see your DragonWorks updates showing up in my RSS feed again!

You have an RSS feed from my website...? :y: At least I know it is reaching out a little bit... I just wish I had better content. I just have not devoted the time to it like I should, so I am going to make a concerted effort... when trying to find some new links to add to my site, I was shocked to see so many of my favorite websites that have gone away... I cleaned many of my own links out, as they are dead.

You have an RSS feed from my website...? :y:
Not just one- TWO! One on the laptop (FireFox live bookmarks) and the other on the phone (Google Reader). ;)

RSS is a great way (the only way?) to keep up with today's information overload...

I had not heard of the list, so thanks for posting. Too bad it's on Yahoo though, I don't mind email, but I hate their web interface.

Back