How high have you gone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What material do you use for body tubes?

• Paper

• PVC

• Balsa

• Fiberglass (please explain your technique)

• Epoxid with fiberglass

• Other (please explain your technique)

• Paper

• PVC

• Balsa

• Fiberglass (please explain your technique)

• Epoxid with fiberglass

• Other (please explain your technique)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My best measured altitude is 1,092 feet using a PerfectFlite altimeter in my scratchbuilt Rockits 4 Dummies. I'm sure I have gone higher with other rockets, but this one was built specifically to take an altimeter so I could answer the question "how high do they go?". When I get the chance I will put it up on an Aerotech F.

Unfortunately, the rocket was damaged post-flight when the motor mount came out with the spent motor.

IMG_4955resize.jpg

The highest I've flown is 10,097 feet with my 54mm minimum diameter rocket on a 5 grain 54mm K725 Wimpy Red. Note this rocket has an Acme Fin Can.

New personal record. Broke my old record at XPRS 2007 with an Aerotech K270W in the same rocket to 12,904 feet.

Broke my personal best at NEFAR two weeks ago. Launched Biohazard, a 4" 9lb rocket, on a Gorilla Motors K1075 Red Twister demo and hit 7,521 feet. This motor is soon to be certified. Very cool motor.

I hit 12,000' with my PR Competitor 5 at LDRS25 with a Loki M1882. I'm going to go for 20,000 this year in Kansas.

Current record: 11,950 with Cirrus Dart and I600 (one of 2 people in my club to beat 2 miles on an I motor). I'm going for 13 or 14k with my L2 though.

I dont have an Alt. but if one can trust RickSim to some point in what it says I have went at least 5k' when I did my L2 on a J350 in a 4x42" bird and also when I launched 3x42" bird with a I285 (I think). They were just specks in the sky at apogee.

Current record: 11,950 with Cirrus Dart and I600 (one of 2 people in my club to beat 2 miles on an I motor). I'm going for 13 or 14k with my L2 though.

How hard could THAT be? You guys are already over one mile high even before you push the launch button...:D

5264' in Nov 2007,
danged 16' shy of a mile...

I'll get it this year....

Collecting them as we speak :D

Also working on getting cases to attempt (7) H180's. Don't know anyone looking ate selling their 29mm cases do you?

So far, about 5500' on an AT K1275 and slightly more on a CTI K1200 (last year during L2 cert attempts). This spring I'm downscaling the rocket for the L2 cert (on a J350 instead), and hoping to get some much higher flights later this summer.

I just had my highest flight. I've only used my alt once before on a low test flight and I know nothing else I've flown has ever gotten this high. I hit 4,200 feet with my L1 cert flight with my scratch built rocket and a Loki I110. Awesome flight!

My cardstock 29mm upscaled FlisKits Midnight Express hit about 3500 ft. (est.) on an F25-9 at an ASTRE launch back in 2006. My first ever flight with a composite propellant motor, my first 29mm motor, and my first F. Of course, I never saw it again. About an hour before that flight, I flew my 24mm upscaled ME on a D12-5 to about 2000 ft. (est.). It too was sacrificed to the rocket gods. The highest flight that I have made so far in which I actually recovered the rocket was a flight in 2005 of my No. 2 Estes Skywriter on a C6-7. That hit about 1500 ft. and managed to stay within the small softball field where I do my local launches (but I had nearly ideal conditions, and it was one of the few times that I have been able to use a C at that site). Sorry, no mile-high flights in my logbook yet; neither my club nor I have fields that are anywhere near the size that we would need for that. I do have some stuff that will get much higher if I ever get to someplace where I can really go for it.

https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showpost.php?p=38994&postcount=33

Mark

I just had to try it.....4" Loc Hyperloc 835 on a AT K700. The pic show the motor lighting, the next frame was of the smoke trail. The MAWD indicated 9317' and it hit mach at 2 seconds. I'd estimate it was doing mach 1.1 or so until the 4 or 4.5 second mark. Unfortunately the booster section came in ballistic, the knot I tied for the shock cord came undone apparantly <slap> and it was not located, probably 6' deep in the damp soil. The upper half was recovered perferctly. I'll have to rebuild it and try again.

blue1closesm.jpg

However high a fully-loaded Comanche-3 goes is as much as I've gotten. Estes claimes 2600+, but it was breezy at Southern Thunder in 05, so I don't claim but 2000. I can come close to that with our Wart-Hog on a G80 too, but I can't prove it.

5,684 ft with a 4" Quantum tube, G10 fin, fglass nose Upscale Mustang on a K550W

Gonna put a K700W in that bad boy next

Back