Hobby Lob. ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just had a sale on rocket stuff about two or three weeks ago. That would mean that they probably won't have another sale for another month or so.
One interesting change at HobLob: for the last sale the discount was only 40% off. Are they wising up to us?

We do not have a Hob Lob anywhere that I know of in Minnesota.
We do however have Michaels stores. The ones in the Twin Cities have a limited amount of rocket stuff. They DO however have 40 % off coupons just about every week,with an occasional 50 % off.I use their coupons for the Estes flight packs. I believe I get them for 28.00 or so.
Every once in a while I'll add a rocket kit or two to my "Pile -o - kits".
Mark T

Originally posted by rstaff3
Not unless they open a store near me

rstaff3, do you want me to do some 'proxy' shopping for you?

There is a store in south FW that I go past at least twice a week. I could pop in there and note what their current inventory is (warning: it is nowhere near the complete Estes/Quest line) and email it to you with little trouble, and you could 'pre-shop' by letting me know what you are interested in. There are also more HobLobs nearby (northeast FW, Arlington, Burleson) if you are really desperate to get hold of a deal . . .

If I can find a used box I don't charge for handling or packaging, and I only charge straight shipping cost (USPS).

Let me know-

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. Don't make a special trip but at the next sale I'd be interested in hearing what they have. :) Right now I don't have much on my list from Questes.

Sales lady at our local store commented to my wife that there would not be another "1/2 off" until June...we cannot verify this.

The last sale we had (month ago?) locally was a 40% off sale.

It's always worth going by there to see what they have in the clearance aisles. At the store in Alexandria they seem to have a fair amount of Estes & Quest products.

Originally posted by snuggles
We do not have a Hob Lob anywhere that I know of in Minnesota.
We do however have Michaels stores. The ones in the Twin Cities have a limited amount of rocket stuff. They DO however have 40 % off coupons just about every week,with an occasional 50 % off.I use their coupons for the Estes flight packs. I believe I get them for 28.00 or so.
Every once in a while I'll add a rocket kit or two to my "Pile -o - kits".
Mark T
Actually, there is a HobLob In Rochester and one in Mankato. Prolly too far to drive for a rocket sale, but something to remember if your out and about anyway.;)

i scored several Executioner kits for $10 a pop. Also scored some eliminators and CC Express rockets all for less than $40 all together. Imma lucky man :)

Anytime you guys see rockets like that, especially at those prices, you should go ahead and buy them.

If you put a post up here on TRF that you have an Executioner available for $10, plus $2 for packaging, plus shipping cost, you will get a flood of responses. Kind of like a pack of wolves.

Or, you could post it on ROL in an auction. Those auctions don't cost the seller anything (a much better deal than ebay) and get seen by a big community of members.

Don't pass by any more rockets like that at those kind of prices. I'll have to come over there and slap you!;)

Snuggles and SwingWing-
Where are you at in Minnesota?
I live just a bit south east of Mason City, IA.

Greg

Originally posted by powderburner
Anytime you guys see rockets like that, especially at those prices, you should go ahead and buy them.

If you put a post up here on TRF that you have an Executioner available for $10, plus $2 for packaging, plus shipping cost, you will get a flood of responses. Kind of like a pack of wolves.

Or, you could post it on ROL in an auction. Those auctions don't cost the seller anything (a much better deal than ebay) and get seen by a big community of members.

Don't pass by any more rockets like that at those kind of prices. I'll have to come over there and slap you!;)
LMAO :eek: lol i get those prices even without the sale bro. In the area where i live Dalton Ga ( carpet capital of the world) theres really no form of rocketry in this area besides me and our club.So these rockets lay on the shelves for weeks at a time and the nice manager goes and slaps a clearance sticker every monday of every week on pretty much everything. Then i go in and pick it all up for less than $100 :) And when i say all i dont mean EVERYTHING but i do clear off the clearance shelf for the next following monday for it to be restocked. So now you gave me a great idea. Ill buy them offer them to club nothing thats taken ill auction on here to all of you guys.Sounds like a plan to me :)

I actually found a Quest Harpoon AGM at Hob Lob - cost me $7

Lots o fins...I better get started now.. :)

Originally posted by Badboy1982
So these rockets lay on the shelves for weeks at a time and the nice manager goes and slaps a clearance sticker every monday of every week on pretty much everything.

Depending on how generous you feel, you might share a bit of this nirvana by remembering the science teachers in your local schools if any of the starter kits get put in the clearance racks. They would probably love to have someone give them a set of gear to use in their classes (I'll bet the schools in your town are just like the ones in mine---they barely have $$$ for the basics). And you could cinch the deal if you offered to come back and help the teachers teach this unit and launch the rockets.

My wife went and picked up a Quest Harpoon for me, Quest Payloader One for my son, Estes Pencil (No. 2 I think :D ) for my daughter, and Space Ship One...for me of course. She picked up a kit for herself, but has not told me what it is yet.

Back