Hi! UKROC teacher/mentor from Scotland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaintinkler

Reaction score
342186032_731346665440829_534427914593038671_n.jpg

Hi All,

I'm a prep school teacher in Edinburgh, Scotland, and had a team competing in UKROC (TARC equivalent) for the first time last year. It was a very steep learning curve for all of us (none of the team, nor I, had ever done any model rocketry). However, we've got two teams (11-13 year olds) competing this year, so onwards and upwards.

Joining this fabulous community to pick up hints and tips to allow me to support my teams as best as possible. Loads to learn, but such a fabulous opportunity for the children (and for me!).

Thanks for letting me join

:welcome:To the forum, you're starting out great about posting pictures already. I would love to go to Scotland sometime, beautiful country.

Welcome to the Forum. Both sets of my Grand Parents are from Scotland. When we were stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England I would go up to Scotland every chance I got. A friend and I went to St Andrews in 1990. We were in a pub in Scotland and he kept asking what the guy next to me was saying. I understood every word. After a few minutes I had the accent down and I was talking like a local. My mothers parents never lost their accent so I was use to hearing it. I'm a second generation American. My moms parents were from Greenock and Glasgow. I've been to Edinburgh a few times.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of helpful & knowledgeable people here.
I've been mentoring UKRoC teams since it started in the mid noughties, mainly in S wales and SW England. Recently I've had to drop out of school visits due to health issues but I'm happy to offer online support. Feel free to PM me if I can help.

Back