HERC 1/17 Tampa Meet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really a fine editing job Chris. Elton and the crew of the Enterprise would be proud.

Grrr...darn computer freezes up whenever it tries to get the updates from MS. Time to scrap this OS! (BTW, Chris, I went to your FTP site and downloaded the video. It won't play. It just goes into an eternal "buffering" state. :( )

Eugene,

I just bought my wife a MAC powerbook. I'm sick of windows. I just uploaded Mozilla firebird browser and thunderbird email client as well as open office in preparation to go to linux.

But Chris's site requires explorer, so I'll keep it around for a little while.

Originally posted by eugenefl
Grrr...darn computer freezes up whenever it tries to get the updates from MS. Time to scrap this OS! (BTW, Chris, I went to your FTP site and downloaded the video. It won't play. It just goes into an eternal "buffering" state. :( )

What version of Media Player are you running? I was able to reproduce that problem with Windows Media Player 6.4, but it works fine with version 9.

Originally posted by ChrisVG
What version of Media Player are you running? I was able to reproduce that problem with Windows Media Player 6.4, but it works fine with version 9.

Yeah, I upgraded it. Works fine now. I still despise the M$ stuff. :mad: (Redhat 9.0 is sitting on my desk begging to be installed!)

The only reason I keep M$ around is I have to have it for some of my design tools. It will leave as soon as possible. I ended up driopping a snap server off of a .11g network as a start to ridding myself of a M$ server. Java/Internet was doing fine until they got their paws into it.

Originally posted by OccamMD
The only reason I keep M$ around is I have to have it for some of my design tools. It will leave as soon as possible. I ended up driopping a snap server off of a .11g network as a start to ridding myself of a M$ server. Java/Internet was doing fine until they got their paws into it.

And therein lies the problem with wanting to switch to other platforms: you need Windows to do stuff. That is the unfortunate reality. I surrendered to Microsoft a long time ago.

The HERC multimedia site supports the MAC, by the way, but the videos have to be in either QuickTime or Real Format. I will try to provide RealVideo and Windows Media whenever I can. :)

Take your time Chris, I'm so grateful you are doing it. I'm just a ranting engineer! :)

Wow, this thread sure got busy in the day that I didn't check it...lol.

Well Chris, if you have unlimited bandwidth through your site, then I won't work about putting the vid's on mine for download. I just have a web server running at home through Roadrunner, so I think the upload is limit to 128kb or something.

On another topic, I think we may be the most picture and video taking rocketry club around, and I didn't even get all the video I wanted, :p

- Jason

You got that right! We love pictures and video!!! The more the merrier!

Speaking of video, there is more posted on the HERC Rocketry Multimedia Site. (I had to convert your MOVs to Windows Media, because I couldn't get them to stream for some reason.)

I posted Joe's cluster flight first. The rest will come tomorrow. I also posted some others, including the Upscale Big Daddy launch we saw in October (on an O Motor!!!) and my first camera rocket flight.

Enjoy!!!!

OK Chris,

this is strange, I clicked on your website a couple of posts up to see the new pics and my Mozilla Firebird browser showed me the links to the new pics, but I can't play them because it sin't I.E. So i opened I.E. and went to the site, but it shows me the home page the way it looked a few days ago, w/no links to the new pics? How weird is that. It doesn't matter how often I refresh, it will not show me the page I see with Firebird and the new loinks. Does the refresh date need to be changed? I am going to clear the cache in I.E. and try again.

Clearing the cache did it. I think I.E. needs your page's expiration date changed, it seemed to think it was still valid and refused to reload the new one. I hate M$.

I love your videos w/music. FUN. I'm getting the iLife w/Garageband for my wife's MAC so maybe I can have that much fun!

Did you figure out why you lost the signal on the camera?

Clearing the cache did it. I think I.E. needs your page's expiration date changed, it seemed to think it was still valid and refused to reload the new one. I hate M$.

The problem you encountered was probably because the IE session connected to a server that had not yet been updated with the new content. The site is load balanced across three servers, and sometimes it takes a bit of time for all of the servers to become aware that new content is available. It just seemed like purging the Temporary Internet files cache fixed the issue.

Finally! A problem that was not because of Microsoft! :)

I love your videos w/music. FUN. I'm getting the iLife w/Garageband for my wife's MAC so maybe I can have that much fun!

Did you figure out why you lost the signal on the camera?

Thanks! I really enjoy putting them together!!

Well, I have tried just about everything. I even consulted with the pros at VideoRocketry.com. I bought a range extender antenna for a flight subsequent to the one on the video with results that were not much better.

I am going to try two more things that the VideoRocketry.com folks suggested.

1. Put the antenna high up on a very long PVC pole.
2. Try to eliminate any interference from ground support equipment by placing the receiver far from said electronic stuff.

I hope to try it sometime in the next few weeks. You can bet there will be a new video up there when I am done!!!

I have never seen one of the cameras, but had thought about building my own. Is there any way to get a look at it at the next HERC launch? I just finished working on a smart munition project w/data txmission and we had to withstand 20,000 g's so maybe we can butt heads and come up with something.

Do you have a data sheet for it?

I have never seen one of the cameras, but had thought about building my own. Is there any way to get a look at it at the next HERC launch? I just finished working on a smart munition project w/data txmission and we had to withstand 20,000 g's so maybe we can butt heads and come up with something.

Do you have a data sheet for it?

Check out https://www.ispytek.com/u2spy.htm. I bought my camera from this vendor on eBAY, however their account is currently suspended. It was about $60.

Are we flying on the 14th or the 21st of FEB? 14th?

The 21st is the third Saturday this month.

Chris

OK,

I was confused about the 3rd Saturday or the 3rd weekend. Got it,

Back