Help with unlabled RMS Reload

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylark4

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 38/480 reload that is not labled as to what it is. Had it for a while so I cant remember what rocket I bought it for. The internal diamiter of the nozzel is .185 inch so that should be a good indicator. This will be used for the wifes level 2 cert. Help

Sorry Tony, I should of mentioned its for a Canadian L2 ( must be an I motor). It very well could be a .180 throat as it was a bit tuff to get an acurate read. That and a cheap Vernier Caliper may be "off a bit".

agreed, grain pics will help, it's pretty easy to tell red, white and green. FJ and blue are pretty similar.

The date stamped on the back of the instructions is May 04 2000 if that helps any as well.

I’ve noticed the 38mm grains I’ve been getting have a colored line down the side that corresponds to the color. Are these grain marked similarly?

IIRC...2000 predates FJ and maybe Redline too.

found this.."and the new Redline propellant formulation, planned for release in early 2001"

Tony

The date stamped on the back of the instructions is May 04 2000 if that helps any as well.
A 20 year old reload! Better scrape the inside of the top grain where the igniter will sit so it ignites reliably. Also, scrape the base of the delay grain and the butted faces of the fuel grains.

It is a black jack load. They were casted in thicker casting tubes so the propellant weight still remained at 62 grams.

Back