HARA's Next Launch April 1st HELP!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverLord

Reaction score
I am hope'n to re-cert L1 at HARA's next Launch in Manchester,TN
On April 1st..My problem is finding a motor to do it with! Time and money has put me in a bind!
I have a LOC Graduator (29mm mount) I want to use to cert with.
I first Certed with the same kit and a Vucan H100ss 10 or 11 years ago. Nice flight! So I wanted to use the kit again...
Anyone atending this launch that may be able to help with a motor? PLEASE LMK!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike:)

do you have a casing,or need the load and casing?
that sucker is going to get some altitude plus it's always breezy at the MC2 field.

I need the load and casing..RockSim puts it under 3000' with a H128..The Vucan put it 4000'+, true I may have a long walk,but I don't think I'll loose it. I have been to the field (yes WINDY! Last launch I went to there last Sept. was called because of wind) and I am sure I can do it. I also flew my Graduator on a couple of DPS H180s :)
BTW I happened to check your photo gallery earlier :D All I can say is WOW! Very nice fleet! I was hope'n to talk to you sometime see'n that we live pretty close to each other.
Will you be at this launch? Yaknow it's pssible we may have already met or conversed in some form..I was most active in the hobby in the late 90's..
Anyways shoot me a PM sometime I'd love the chance to talk some rockets! :)

Mike

I just checked the combined list and I don't think you can certify on the H100 unless there is some way you can do it under research rules. The H100 does not seem to be approved as a commercial motor anymore'

Of course, I have been proven wrong before...

A nice Redline would be a cool cert motor. The 268R will get you close to 4K.

A

I know HR :) the H100ss was used years ago on my first Cert 1 flight..Man they were nice! Wish they still made them..But Vulcan is gone now :(
I was hope'n to use an AT H128W for next weeks launch..I thought a EM H50 would be nice for a SU motor but it'd push 4500'+!! A little higher than I want to go..
But so far no luck in finding a motor at all..I got my fingers crossed though ;) I am going to the launch regardless :)

Mike

I did my L1 on an H50 in a Mini BBX.

What a flight. Har to walk darn near a mile to get it back. That was after getting as close as I could by car.

OK I have a motor casing...Now I just needa H128 reload....Anyone?

Originally posted by stymye
Your in luck :cool: good luck with the re-cert !

You are the man! I can't wait! Now if I could just decide what color to paint my rocket....

:rolleyes:

I hope I'll get the chance to help you out soon! But for tonight I am done..I have to get up early tomorrow and update 50+ computers at the local High School...I'll hollar back at you tomorrow and we will work-out the details....

Thanks Again!
Mike

Man I hope this rain clears out like they said it would.....Got my 29/180 motor today!

tonights forecast is no rain and 76F
the parking area will probably be soggy
but wont doesn't stop anyone. heh

Yeah Joe e-mailed me and said it's still a go.So see you tomorrow!

Mike

How was the launch? Were all of the certs successful? Wish I could have been there. I'll be there next month on the 13th. Reports and/or photos are much obliged. ;)

well it was a beautifull day! there were some certs
I got a few launch pics my trigger finger is a little rusty

my SR71 on a C6-5

I flew a number of rockets including the Arapahoe e and my upscale Arapahoe .. both flew perfect! but a launch pic was not to be.

I found one more of my space scribbler it broke a leg but is easily fixed

Originally posted by rocketkyle
How was the launch? Were all of the certs successful? Wish I could have been there. I'll be there next month on the 13th. Reports and/or photos are much obliged. ;)

I re-certified L1 with my Graduator and a H128 :) (Thanks again Stymye!!!!)
Nice walk but worth it...And I had a blast! Kyle I have some pictures my fiance took,but I haven't gone through them yet.
Are you going to try for your cert again on the 13th? If so I wish you lots of luck!

Mike

I can't certify anymore than I already am. I'm Junior L1 (under 18), so I cant cert L2 till I'm a Senior NAR member. I'll bring my SAAB 3" that recently flew to 1,148' on an H148R and 2,032' on an I161W using a PerfectFlite Alt-25k for dual deployment.

My dad will bring his fiberglass 4" Nike Smoke and his Power of Pride 2 both with either a Hypertek or composite. He might try for his L2, or he might wait till ST2006.

Okay, enough rambling :rolleyes:
Here is my 3" SAAB on an H148R flown at the PMW March launch. I don't know who took this pic, but it's a good one.

Back