HARA/MC2 July 1st launch in Manchester

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketkyle

Reaction score
Still a couple of weeks away, but thought I'd go ahead and up my post count. :)

My dad will be flying a family of Nike Smokes- a Cosmodrome 2.6" Smoke, a scratch built 4" Smoke, and a Polecat 5.5" Smoke. Either the 4" or the 5.5" will be his L2 shot again.

I will be flying my carbon fiber Miranda, provided it gets done in time. Still not sure what motor, some 'I' in a 38/480 or 600 case. Maybe I'll take my Performer, I don't know.

Our 38mm I315 skids came yesterday. :cool:
One of them will be launched there.
Will be a fun day.

I am going to try and come. I will be flying a 4 inch performer on a I218. I might bring my aerotech Arcas and fly it on a G64. I just hope I don't have to work.

:)

The big one is being flown on an AMW J365 skidmark for my dad's L2. The 4" (medium sized one) and the 5.38" (the biggest one) both are dual deployment.

Kyle,
What time do you guys usually start launching on Saturday?
I still don't know if I will make but I am sure gonna try.

I think flying starts at 10:30. Setup at 10:00. By the way, your Performer flew really nice on the I161W. I wasn't expecting that kind of altitude with the 4" version. Real nice. My 3" is getting a 38/480 I285R tomorrow. :)

Great day.

Pretty relaxed day, just the way I like it.
My dad finally got his L2, with his 5.5" Nike Smoke on a J365SK. Awesome flight, and perfect dual deployment to 2,498'. I flew my Miranda on an I285R for an awesome boost to 2,093', with perfect dual deployment, landing very slowly 30 yards from the pad. Flew some smaller stuff as well. I got plenty of videos and my dad got a lot of awesome pictures with his new digital. Very nice day, and the most succesful for my dad and I in a long time.

I had a great time. I loved the Skidmark motors that got launched.
Kyle your flight was impressive,everything went exactly as planned. Tell your dad congrats on his L2 flight it was awesome.
It was a good day, did anyone figure out why the aerotech strongarm did that weird loop at the end of the day?

My dad is pretty stoked about his L2. I guess 3rd time is a charm! I got a few videos (ignore the file names...):

Here is my Miranda on an I285R.

Here is my dad's 5.5" Nike Smoke on an AMW J365SK.

Here is my dad's Cosmodrome Nike Smoke on an AT F22J.

Here is James Sikes' (JSvolfan) Arcas on a G64W.

Here is James Sikes' Performer on an I218R.

Here is Jason Yount's Io on a G54W.

Here is Ray Cole's Performer on a J350W.

Here is Rodney's (I forgot his last name) Thor on an I315SK.

Here is Rodney's Thor on an I600R.

Here is Rodney's Thor on another I600R.

Here is a Scimitar on an AT F22J. Sorry, I forgot the flyer's name.

And finally, Here is Steve Temple's J90W.

Latest posts

Back