Glasspacks' LVL II Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, Thank You Kevin,
and again, all of you on the Forum

The prep today was a little irritating due to my GPS tracker going from nine satellites to zero, then back to seven or nine. Adding to my worry. But overall everything went pretty smoothly.

LVL 2 Cert flew beautifuly.
The Cessaroni J295 performed flawlessly, Not sure why, but the JLCR that was set for 1000 ft was unable to restrain the chute. I will have to be more aggressive with the shake test.....

At about 4814 ft the main opened up and sent it out of the park. My son and I, (with my brother helping) trekked through the thick growth along Highway B, thankfully, the BRB900 led us right to it.

20230707_151557.jpg

The branch it caught was a dead one. The correct amount of leverage and taa daa ....
complete recovery.

20230708_000514.jpg

What a nice
day......

LVL-II success !!

Attachments

• 20230708_000514.jpg
    20230708_000514.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Congrats Glasspack !

I know ... you wanted to keep your beautiful paint job out of the mud ...

Is that why you 'aimed' for the single dead branch in that tree at the edge of the thicket ?

-- kjh :) praying that the corn has been harvested and all the tree branches are dead branches next Saturday when I go for my Level 2 re-cert :)

Big congrats! Welcome to the world of wallets with bigger black holes.... :p

Had a great time chatting with you at LDRS.

Well the goal was to have started the Dual Deployment testing and dial in the Black powder charges
for my "Antares IV", But, life takes priority and I have been helping take care of my wife after her surgery
and then my precious mother as she went to hospice care. Mom passed away this afternoon (Sept 12, 2023)

She was an amazing person and a WONDERFUL mother........ R.I.P. MOM

Some time after the funeral service and all that is settled ..... Then I can get it ready for actual
Dual Deployment flights..... Maybe... with a little bigger motor

Well the goal was to have started the Dual Deployment testing and dial in the Black powder charges
for my "Antares IV", But, life takes priority and I have been helping take care of my wife after her surgery
and then my precious mother as she went to hospice care. Mom passed away this afternoon (Sept 12, 2023)

She was an amazing person and a WONDERFUL mother........ R.I.P. MOM

Some time after the funeral service and all that is settled ..... Then I can get it ready for actual
Dual Deployment flights..... Maybe... with a little bigger motor
Sorry to hear of the loss of your mum.

Again Thank you all for the Condolences.........

Things have settled after the Funeral service and trip back home.
I have a four day week end and hope to do some ground testing
on the "Antares IV" this weekend. Just gonna have to do some
house clean up first...........

Back