G12 and G10 question?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,

Any suggestions as to whether or not there are some scroll saw blades that can stand up to G10? I whack a blade after a few cuts. (Blade gets dull.) I unfortunately don't have access to a bandsaw but the scroll saw allows for tighter turns.

Kurt

cavecentral

Reaction score
Table saw with composites blade or dremel with cutoff wheel.

RocketFeller

Reaction score
They make carbide coated scroll saw blades that would probably do the trick. I am not good on posting links on my phone, but if you google "carbide scroll saw" there seem to be a few options.

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
They make carbide coated scroll saw blades that would probably do the trick. I am not good on posting links on my phone, but if you google "carbide scroll saw" there seem to be a few options.
Thanks. I need to check a pack of my blades and see about the sizes. Kurt

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Most metal cutting blades work fine....i.e. hack saw type blades.
I have cut many a fin with those.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
A number of years ago I did some performance testing of G10 and G12 samples in an oven comparing their strength vs. temperature for the company where I worked. Their performance was nearly identical. The G12 was *slightly* better but not enough for us to justify the extra cost of replacing G10 construction with G12 except where the customer was willing to pay a premium for a *very* minor increase in heat resistance.