For those who undersand ... RIP R. J. Dio

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Heaven and Hell when they rolled through Denver a couple of years ago. Was right in front and got to shake RJD's hand. Will never forget that. RIP, Ronnie. :(

A horrible loss to the world of Metal.... I saw him twice in the last 2 years.... The voice was as Strong now as it was 20 years ago...

He was a really nice guy....just the opposite of the dark image his music portrayed. :(

He was a really nice guy....just the opposite of the dark image his music portrayed. :(

Yes I know the feeling...

Ronnie would sit on his porch in Tarzana CA, and wave at everyone who would walk by. He would hang out with the 'brothas' in Inglewood after a show at the Forum and drink 40's. He was never arrogant, rude, and always thanked the fan(s). Now the members of Motley Crue ... real A-holes, but that is for another thread someday. Rob Halford is cool also ... very different than his on-stage persona.

Dio was the GREATEST Metal Singer that ever lived!

Jonathan

Dark is never night, when dreams make up the light - Ronnie James Dio

I have seen Dio Several time. Although his shows weren't SUPER spectacular visually his voice MORE than always made up for it. I always got my moneys worth, and would see him over and over if it were possible.

Rest in peace brother.. (bangs head) :headbang:

I do have to say. his passing sure makes me feel old..

I saw Heaven and Hell a few years back in San Diego. It was one of the best shows I had ever seen. I was deeply saddened by the news of his death.

On a related note, Paul Gray, the bassist for Slipknot was found dead today. While they weren't my favorite band, they certainly were influential and talented. RIP Ronnie and Paul. :(:headbang:

I saw Heaven and Hell a few years back in San Diego. It was one of the best shows I had ever seen. I was deeply saddened by the news of his death.

On a related note, Paul Gray, the bassist for Slipknot was found dead today. While they weren't my favorite band, they certainly were influential and talented. RIP Ronnie and Paul. :(:headbang:

Wow, thats sad to hear too. So long to another.

again on a side note I heard britney murphy's husband dies too... they say they come in 3's... to weird.

ROCK ON RONNIE! :clap:

And last month, Peter Steele died. He was the lead singer for Type O Negative. 3 metal guys dead in 2 months...not good.

sad to hear about his death, he crossed the metal boards in the bands he played with. last concert I saw he had a big dragon on the stage that I was waiting for the dragon to eat him at the end ( it didn't ) darn:D

Saw RJD with Sabbath many years ago in Indy. One of the monitors smoked and caught fire after a pyrotechnic. RJD just watched as the roadies beat the smoke into flames and then back to smoke. They pulled and replaced the monitor by the end of the song. And the band played on. When the song ended he said, "Well, I've never seen that happen before."

Got to see "Old leather lungs" a couple times. I may stir up a hornets nest when I say I prefere his voice over Ozzy's. Next clasic rocker I plan on seeing is Michael Scheinker MSG's 30 aniversary tour. One of my 5 favorite guitarests of all time. My top 5 are
Richie Blackmore (seen 3 times)
Ted Nugent (seen 4 times)
Micheal Scheinker (seen 3 times so far)
Jimmy page (never got to see)
and Ace Frehlely (seen once)
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

A sad loss with the passing of Ronnie James Dio. I got to see him sevral times in the early to mid-80s with his own band. What a gracious, kind and generous person he was. The first "live" album I bought was Black Sabbath's "Live Evil" from the Dio years. He will be missed.

Don`t live for pleasure ,make life your treasure
Fade away

See you next to the Southern Cross !

RIP Dio ,you will be truly missed

PT

Back