Explain your avatar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is just a shot of me at Sixty Acres, with a garden-variety Alpha built from a bulk kit (currently at 107 flights - many fewer when the pic was taken). It's sitting on the older of my two Electro-Launches (screw tabs on the outside version) and I'm wearing my TARC range crew jacket and one of my favorite Tilley hats. Pretty plain, really compared to some.

Mrs and her family are from Odesa, Ukraine. Mrs has been here in the states since becoming my wife in 2006. Her brother came over in 2018. Pappa came over Christmas of 21 to keep him out of harms way during petunias’s war. The cousin, his wife and 8 year old daughter are sponsored by us and arrived just over two weeks ago.
My flying the colors of Ukraine, just showing support for where my second home is. Hopefully one day soon we can all go back.
Love it

Mrs and her family are from Odesa, Ukraine. Mrs has been here in the states since becoming my wife in 2006. Her brother came over in 2018. Pappa came over Christmas of 21 to keep him out of harms way during petunias’s war. The cousin, his wife and 8 year old daughter are sponsored by us and arrived just over two weeks ago.
My flying the colors of Ukraine, just showing support for where my second home is. Hopefully one day soon we can all go back.
👍🇺🇦

Not sure but;
1. it looks big and Hi power
2. Something pranged in the fore ground😜

That is about a little larger than BT-60 in the foreground, and while it had a bad landing in the full size pic it looks mostly OK. Folks should think about looking at YouTube

For the Rocket think fiberglass that is "hard to get" without lots of emails or calls.

That is about a little larger than BT-60 in the foreground, and while it had a bad landing in the full size pic it looks mostly OK. Folks should think about looking at YouTube

For the Rocket think fiberglass that is "hard to get" without lots of emails or calls.
Hopefully the ladder was laid down on purpose and nobody fell off.

I know a guy that has that same problem? with firearms...:D

I posted this recently in another thread. Here's a link to a thread I posted about ten years ago. This is about half of what I've got now. There are a bunch more HPR and MPR now as well as a hundred or so LPR. I'll be honest, my twin boys have helped add to the low power and mid power collection. They have just built their first high power rockets and are going to go for their level one cert at LDRS on their 18th birthday.

The school I worked at was having a Halloween function. I had just seen an entire season of "Rocketman" serials from the late 1940s or 1950s. So, because I had some aluminum flashing laying around, I thought I could make a Rocketman helmet with it, and some plaster - for the top of the helmet. It was top heavy. Every time I looked down, the helmet fell off! A box that a pair of boots came in held 2 strap on boosters strapped to my back with a Kelty day pack - only the straps were visible. I fashioned a block of wood to simulate the rocket motor controller. Several layers of duct tape were required along the bottom edge of the aluminum flashing, otherwise, it would have shredded my clothes and shoulders. The Hollywood Rocketman wore a leather flight jacket. I did not have access to one, so I substituted an insulated black nylon windbreaker. And that is what you are seeing here.

The school I worked at was having a Halloween function. I had just seen an entire season of "Rocketman" serials from the late 1940s or 1950s. So, because I had some aluminum flashing laying around, I thought I could make a Rocketman helmet with it, and some plaster - for the top of the helmet. It was top heavy. Every time I looked down, the helmet fell off! A box that a pair of boots came in held 2 strap on boosters strapped to my back with a Kelty day pack - only the straps were visible. I fashioned a block of wood to simulate the rocket motor controller. Several layers of duct tape were required along the bottom edge of the aluminum flashing, otherwise, it would have shredded my clothes and shoulders. The Hollywood Rocketman wore a leather flight jacket. I did not have access to one, so I substituted an insulated black nylon windbreaker. And that is what you are seeing here.
I knew George Wallace who played Commando Cody in the "Radar Men from the Moon" series.

It might have been more believable if it was about radar techs. Beside George Wallace it featured Clayton Moore, Peter Brocco, and Dale Van Sickle all had careers in film and television.

Wow, Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe.

There was a modern Sky Something Dark Movie in the 2000s I think? [or late 1990s]
Trying to remember now.

It might have been more believable if it was about radar techs. Beside George Wallace it featured Clayton Moore, Peter Brocco, and Dale Van Sickle all had careers in film and television.
After looking it up, I’m confused about how this was entertaining enough to go to a movie theater!!!

You could read! They had libraries right?

Libraries didn't normally have the books you would want to read.
My local one had books on Cyphers for Boy Scouts, How to fix lawn mowers [learned to fix my mini bike engine with that at 12-13] , one or two basic space books.

If you took a bus and transfer to downtown, the downtown library had space and some rocket books, mostly space.

Well they did have the handbook of model rocketry that I already owned, and once I found the MIT model rocket book in stock that fetches big $$$ today as a collectors item.

Compared to today, you would have been bored out of your mind. Better to play with Stik and Hoop 😂

Back