Fliskits V2 - nose weight needed?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
I have a Fliskits V2 waiting on the bench. The nose cone is hollow. An Estes 18mm V2 clone I built required nose weight for proper stability. Does anyone know if this kit requires weight as well? The instructions don't mention anything. Thanks!

I have a Fliskits V2 waiting on the bench. The nose cone is hollow. An Estes 18mm V2 clone I built required nose weight for proper stability. Does anyone know if this kit requires weight as well? The instructions don't mention anything. Thanks!
I havent met a V2 yet that didnt require some nose weight. You could weight it to have the same comparative CG as your other V2. I currently have five V2 from BT50, BT55, BT60, BT80 (Estes), and a Loc 4" under construction.

I see from the pictures on the product page that Jim Flis has done flight testing before kitting and selling his products, so if there is no mention of nose weight in the instructions and none included with the kit, you should be good to go. I have the V2 bumper WAC and haven't had any flight problems. The 3D printed nose cone is apparently heavy enough for stability. Plus the Micro Maxx engine is pretty light, keeping the aft end from being tail heavy.

Back