Pinnacle 4" 5:1 ogive nose cone weight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_Stack

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning all;

'Noodling around' in Open Rocket with a new design, 4" diameter airframe. Does anyone happen to have a Pinnacle 4" 5:1 nose cone lying about that they can put on a scale? Neither Giant Leap nor Mac Performance has the weight detailed on their sites that I could see...

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Managed to 'catch my own fish'...

Didn't look closely enough at the Giant Leap web site. Under the Downloads header is a 'weights and measures' document, which provides the information I was looking for. D'oh!

Managed to 'catch my own fish'...

Didn't look closely enough at the Giant Leap web site. Under the Downloads header is a 'weights and measures' document, which provides the information I was looking for. D'oh!

I can confirm the nose cone weight. The one I have on the bench is 312 grams.
The weight on the website is 319. Barely a hair difference.

The cone's shoulder has a perfect fit in LOC body tube, but the cone's base diameter
is just a smidge bigger than the OD of the LOC tube.

The cone also fits into LOC's 98mm motor tube. But the cone's base diameter is just
a smidge smaller than the OD of the LOC motor tube.

Has anyone used these [3.9 version] with LOC tube with a fiberglass sock? Would that take up the "smidge"?

Has anyone used these [3.9 version] with LOC tube with a fiberglass sock? Would that take up the "smidge"?

I think the sock would make the tube a little larger than the nose cone.

You can see the smidge, you feel the smidge, but it's so small I don't think it's an issue.

Here are pictures of the cone on a new 3.9" tube from LOC.

IMG_8810.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG IMG_8814.JPG

IMG_8817.JPG IMG_8820.JPG

Don't ask me to measure it. lol

You can do that after you buy the cone from Giant Leap. They make good stuff.

Heh heh, our fitters work in various gauges of "hairs"

I think if I peel the glasine layer before using the sock, it will be close enough for me.

Back