FlisKits 6th anniversary fast approaching!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
SIX YEARS!

wow

We're getting ready to celebrate our 6th anniversary next month and we need YOUR help to make it the best ever :)

Keep watch over this space and our web site for exciting announcements about our upcoming 6th anniversary celebration.

We will have a launch (September 13th, Amesbury, MA) with new product announcements, give-a-ways and CAKE (yes, there will be cake! :) )

We will also celebrate the month with specials, give-a-ways and contests, so keep watch and see how YOU can help US celebrate 6 years of the most exciting rocketry ever!

WOW! And it just seems like yesterday we were celebrating #5!:D Congrats!:congrats: Waiting with baited breath(whatever THAT is supposed to mean!:confused:) for the new kit anouncements! Yeah, and I can hear my debit card groaning already!:rotflol:

Congrats Jim!

One question, will you be shipping slices of cake for those who can't make to the celebration??? :D::rolleyes:

SIX YEARS!

wow

We're getting ready to celebrate our 6th anniversary next month and we need YOUR help to make it the best ever :)

Keep watch over this space and our web site for exciting announcements about our upcoming 6th anniversary celebration.

We will have a launch (September 13th, Amesbury, MA) with new product announcements, give-a-ways and CAKE (yes, there will be cake! :) )

We will also celebrate the month with specials, give-a-ways and contests, so keep watch and see how YOU can help US celebrate 6 years of the most exciting rocketry ever!

"So...there will be cake?" Quote, Gen. Jack O'Neil, SG-1 ;)

"So...there will be cake?" Quote, Gen. Jack O'Neil, SG-1 ;)

DUDE!

I didn't think *anyone* would get that reference! LOL

But, do you know what his license plate is?? (gawd I gotta git out more... LOL)

ok, back to the anniversary thread (heck, i'm hijacking my own frackin' thread! LOL)

DUDE!

I didn't think *anyone* would get that reference! LOL

But, do you know what his license plate is?? (gawd I gotta git out more... LOL)

ok, back to the anniversary thread (heck, i'm hijacking my own frackin' thread! LOL)

You just don't know mw that well!;)

It probably isn't McGiver

Probably "SG-1" or "SGC"

Congrats Jim!

One question, will you be shipping slices of cake for those who can't make to the celebration??? :D::rolleyes:

Sure! And if anyone can figure out a way to put a motor in it and make a piece of cake fly, Mr. Flis will!

Congratulations, Jim!

The cake is a lie!!!

(Congrats - 6 years, wow :eek: )

Well, as the Gary Larson cartoon below explains, I've got good gnus and I've got bad gnus... :)

The bad gnus is that due to a sharp increase in balsa prices (due in a large part to growing interest in wind power) and shipping costs (due in a large part to the price of gas), we have had to raise our prices at FlisKits...

The good gnus is that our September anniversary celebration will help take some of the sting out for a little while by offering FREE SHIPPING for the entire month!

NOTE: This free shipping offer is for the continental US only. For details and information concerning international and overseas shipping visit our web site.

In addition to free shipping we are holding two drawings for kits.

Birthday Wishes: Send a birthday wish to happy_birthday (@fliskits.com) and/or make a purchase during the month of September to enter the birthday drawing. There will be 10 names selected at the end of the month and these winners will be able to select their own prize. See the web site for complete details

Photo Contest: Send your photo's of built/painted FlisKits kit to feedback to be put into a second drawing where 10 winners will again be selected and able to pick their own prizes! As before, visit the web site for full details.

Help FlisKits make this the most memorable anniversary yet!

Stay tuned for details about our upcoming anniversary launch too!

Enjoy. Order early, order often :)
jim

gl-gnus.jpg

Well, as the Gary Larson cartoon below explains, I've got good gnus and I've got bad gnus... :)

The bad gnus is that due to a sharp increase in balsa prices (due in a large part to growing interest in wind power) and shipping costs (due in a large part to the price of gas), we have had to raise our prices at FlisKits...

The good gnus is that our September anniversary celebration will help take some of the sting out for a little while by offering FREE SHIPPING for the entire month!

NOTE: This free shipping offer is for the continental US only. For details and information concerning international and overseas shipping visit our web site.

In addition to free shipping we are holding two drawings for kits.

Birthday Wishes: Send a birthday wish to happy_birthday (@fliskits.com) and/or make a purchase during the month of September to enter the birthday drawing. There will be 10 names selected at the end of the month and these winners will be able to select their own prize. See the web site for complete details

Photo Contest: Send your photo's of built/painted FlisKits kit to feedback to be put into a second drawing where 10 winners will again be selected and able to pick their own prizes! As before, visit the web site for full details.

Help FlisKits make this the most memorable anniversary yet!

Stay tuned for details about our upcoming anniversary launch too!

Enjoy. Order early, order often :)
jim

Buy an Alien8 and pimp it out. Word.

I love Gary Larson and the Far Side, but have to admit I'd never seen that cartoon. LMBO!

Nevertheless, Happy Birthday to both Jim and Kathy on their venture with Fliskits! You guys came up with a winning business!!!

Which episode was that?

Can't recall episode titles and a cake reference was made in several of them. O'Neill (two "L's" (as he holds up 3 fingers)) loved cake and the simpsons.

One that I recall was the episode where Carter is trapped on a planet with one of Anubis's solders and everyone is searching for her not knowing if she's even alive. They find her and get her back to base where she's recuperating and O'Neill comments to her that they are planning a get well party and says "I understand that there'll be cake"

:)

Congrats on 6 years. maybe in another 6 you can turn a profit? I thought I would make a million on my venture but I gave up and decided to make 2 mill.
Mr Bob
Starlight dude

Congrats on 6 years. maybe in another 6 you can turn a profit? I thought I would make a million on my venture but I gave up and decided to make 2 mill.
Mr Bob
Starlight dude

Yeah, I gave up on my first million...

Working on the second though...

:D

Cake? I'm expecting a real anniversary celebration. Isn't the 6th the "Balsa Anniversary"?

How about "Skies of Balsa", with a special edition ACME Spitfire. If you fly it in September, you get a certificate signed by Jim Flis?

Then next year you can really go hog wild (isn't the 7th anniversary the "Styrofoam Anniversary"?).

Cake? I'm expecting a real anniversary celebration. Isn't the 6th the "Balsa Anniversary"?

How about "Skies of Balsa", with a special edition ACME Spitfire. If you fly it in September, you get a certificate signed by Jim Flis?

Then next year you can really go hog wild (isn't the 7th anniversary the "Styrofoam Anniversary"?).

Dude, with the cost of balsa today? Ain't gonna happen... :D

Alright, I actually went and googled anniversaries, and the 6th anniversary (contempary) is wood, so Balsa it is. The 7th is "desk sets" so I guess that will mean a large bottle of CA debonder for Jim!:D

Alright, I actually went and googled anniversaries, and the 6th anniversary (contempary) is wood, so Balsa it is. The 7th is "desk sets" so I guess that will mean a large bottle of CA debonder for Jim!:D

Ya gotta love it...

Well, here's the update on the anniversary launch.

Weather will be perfect.
Weather WILL be perfect.
Cake has been ordered (yum)
Custom parts for two new kits to be announced have been ordered
Documentation for these two new kits has been ordered
New catalog nearly complete and will be ordered tomorrow
Weather will be perfect

Getting closer :)

jim

Ya gotta love it...

Well, here's the update on the anniversary launch.

Weather will be perfect.
Weather WILL be perfect.
Cake has been ordered (yum)
Custom parts for two new kits to be announced have been ordered
Documentation for these two new kits has been ordered
New catalog nearly complete and will be ordered tomorrow
Weather will be perfect

Getting closer :)

jim
So how do you think the weather will be?

If the weather doesn't cooperate, Jim will just build a cardboard ark for everyone to ride it out in.....

-Kevin

Well, we know from past experience that we can freeze the cake!

Yep, this is very true :)

The cake I have ordered for this event is an 18" round (6" thick) to feed 75-85 depending on how it's cut.

I figure we'll do the cake shortly after hot dogs, so folks who want cake need to stay till after lunch :)

Highlights for the day will include the following:
  • Cake (did I mention that we'll have cake??)
  • New product release, the Morning Star will be available
  • New Product release, the Big Honkin' Rocket will be available
  • Future product proto-type test flights (see below)
  • Contest: Whoever flies the most FlisKits models by 3pm will win a special prize (low number Morning Star)
  • Largest FlisKits collection ON THE FIELD will win a Big Honkin' Rocket!
  • To drum up interest in a massive Frick-n-Frack drag race, I am thinking about offering a prize to everyone who enters such a drag race (not firm yet. let me think about it :) mean while, let me know the interest!)
  • Other prizes to be determined between now and then (geared towards the younger rocketeers) with free kits and gift certificates
  • Did I mention cake?? :)

New (future) products that I will be testing include the following:
  • Alpha Centuri (tentative name - will be changing before release). 24mm futuristic model slated for a NEMROC release. Think MTTM Ulysses on steroids
  • T2-G.R.I.P (Tempest 2 - Gyro Recovery Implement Package) - Sport HD model. Similar in operation to the Estes Gyroc, but this model keeps its motor in place (suitable for HD competition, but not very competitive...)
  • NEMROC - New skill level 1 kit that will be the NEMROC 2008 commemorative kit
  • H2O - Yep, a water molecule... featherweight recovery
  • Possibly more. depends on my schedule and what I am able to get built...

Expect most of these to be flying nekid as I doubt I will have time to paint them. Still fun though :)

See you all there!
jim

Latest posts

Back