• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

FireFox Question(s)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11bravo

Reaction score
1. I checked the Mozilla site and the linked boards, but....
There's A LOT of stuff there and had no luck.
When searching sites like ebay and entering stuff in the search boxes, it gets saved.
After not too long the list gets LONG and if you try to refine the searches you may end up with many, many, many entries basically for the same thing.
I know you can clear out the search boxes by "Tools" > "Options" > "Privacy" > and clearing "Saved Form Information" (I think that's the one), but that also clears ALL other saved form information and that can be a pain.
In Internet Explorer, you can click the search box to get the drop down, scroll up or down to an item and while it is highlighted hit the "Delete" key on your keyboard and get rid of it.
Any ideas how it might be done in FireFox?
Anyone know exactly whom one would get ahold of to request this?

2. I'm pretty much sick of clicking on a link for a pic and having FireFox open a blank page everytime and having to close that page manually.
I downloaded an extension that is supposed to take care of this, but No Joy.
What gives?
Any ideas?

3. On any page that has a check box for "remember my password" or "do this everytime" or "do not remind me again" yadda, yadda, yadda whatnot, when I click the checkbox, it checks but never works next time.
Supposed to remember my ebay password. Doesn't.
Supposed to remember to open pics. Doesn't.
Thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg

Originally posted by 11Bravo
2. I'm pretty much sick of clicking on a link for a pic and having FireFox open a blank page everytime and having to close that page manually.
I downloaded an extension that is supposed to take care of this, but No Joy.
What gives?
Any ideas?

I'm guessing you mean the open window or tab (you are using tabbed browsing, right?) when you click on an image here on TRF... I'll see what I can do to help with your other issues but I recently stumbled upon a good workaround for this one. Read all about it here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22074

HTH,

Lance-
I am using tabs but get a whole new window when I click on image links.
PITA.
All in all I like FireFox though.
Except for the relatively few pages that don't like FF.

Thanks,

Greg

I've never had that happen to me clicking on a link Had opening to a black page on the firefox website. I've only had problems ordering from forgetting to fill out that paper work and mailing it in. So I just cancelled the order and went to wildman rocketry and bough and igniterman pyrogen set from them even though firefox was a whole a lot cheaper it would much longer to get my order. But I've never had problems with there links opening to black pages now I probably will after saying this.

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
I've never had that happen to me clicking on a link Had opening to a black page on the firefox website. I've only had problems ordering from forgetting to fill out that paper work and mailing it in. So I just cancelled the order and went to wildman rocketry and bough and igniterman pyrogen set from them even though firefox was a whole a lot cheaper it would much longer to get my order. But I've never had problems with there links opening to black pages now I probably will after saying this.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Someone must've been multitasking...

Well, after lots of tinkering I can get pics to open in another FF window, but not tab.
Now, if I could just get it to open them in MS Photo Editor like I would like it to, because now it remembers what I told it to do and I cannot get the dialog box back to try to tell it to do something different.
Aint that just the way of it. :p :D

Greg

Well, after lots of tinkering I can get pics to open in another FF window, but not tab.

Well, you did install Tabbrowser Preferences, didn't you? It's essential if you plan on using tabs instead of new windows...

HTH,

Now, if I could just get it to open them in MS Photo Editor like I would like it to, because now it remembers what I told it to do and I cannot get the dialog box back to try to tell it to do something different.

You can get it back by doing the following:
[NOTE: These steps are for Firefox 1.5 but should be quite similar for 1.0x.]
1) Click on Tools -> Options...
2) Click on the Downloads tab.
3) In the Downloads Actions section, click on View & Edit Actions... button.
4) Find the file type (like JPG), select it, and click on Remove Action button. Click Close to close window when finished.
5) Click OK to confirm all changes.

This will now prompt you to select an action when it comes to that/those file type(s). Give that a whirl...

Originally posted by lalligood
Well, you did install Tabbrowser Preferences, didn't you? It's essential if you plan on using tabs instead of new windows...

HTH,

Uh, no.
You mean the fact that I use the tabs in FireFox doesn't mean I use tabs?
Shaking head.
I've done it now, but have to restart FF.

Thanks Lance for helping computer illiterate me.

Greg

We're gettin' close.
Now it opens a new blank tab instead of a new blank window, BUT it opens in MS Photo Editor.
BTW- I'm not actually computer illiterate, I have my A+ cert and a couple of VERY OLD MCSE certs.
This new fangled stuff though....
Old timers like me can't keep up. :D

Greg

3. On any page that has a check box for "remember my password" or "do this everytime" or "do not remind me again" yadda, yadda, yadda whatnot, when I click the checkbox, it checks but never works next time.
Supposed to remember my ebay password. Doesn't.
Supposed to remember to open pics. Doesn't.
Thoughts?

It should remember your passwords. Did you check the ebay password box or are you using the FF password manager? If you checked ebay's box, it should remember. Make sure you are allowing cookies from them.

That's funny... Firefox just crashed as I was reading this!

What causes it to crash? It seems very random. Sometimes it happens if a plugin has a problem (Adobe or Java), but sometimes it just closes for no reason!

Everyone knows that version 1.5 is available, right. The update notification in 1.0.x is very subtle (the green or red Christmas tree at the top).

Lance-
I am using tabs but get a whole new window when I click on image links.
PITA.
All in all I like FireFox though.
Except for the relatively few pages that don't like FF.

Thanks,

Greg

For those you can use "User Agent Switcher" so Firefox tells the pages it's IE.

Its supposably a vbulletin glitch. Theres an extension that fixes it, lleme try and find the link

Originally posted by BlueNinja
For those you can use "User Agent Switcher" so Firefox tells the pages it's IE.

Not always. Sometimes the pages just won't display right. Basically anything using ActiveX.

Originally posted by m85476585
It should remember your passwords. Did you check the ebay password box or are you using the FF password manager? If you checked ebay's box, it should remember. Make sure you are allowing cookies from them.

Nope.
Doesn't remember ebay password.
None.

Shruggs shoulders.

Greg

I'll try it again.

Back