Finally finished a few rockets!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRadiator

Reaction score
It's been forever since I've been able to finish any rockets (paint & decal). I've hit it hard last week and a few to show for my efforts. Here's a Custom Freedom, a Quest Spin Fin and a FlisKits Flea. This is my 2nd Custom Freedom as the 1st one went KIA when a motor bent the engine hook tab in the motor mount (Custom doesn't use thrust rings). However, I did put a thrust ring in this model! :D The SpinFin looks cool too, but the Flea gets a close up later in the thread. I still need to clear coat all three models.

I've also built an Arrow-C from EIRP plans on JimZ's site. It's still under wraps as the orange is still drying. I will post a photo later when the paint has set. I was going to wait for a few weeks to finish it so I could order the correct NC from BMS. However, I was impatient and used a nose cone from a Quest Tracer whose body got trashed, but nose cone I've recovered. Its shape was sufficient for me. A simple 3FNC.

Here's the Flea close up. I tried to make it look like the coverart, but it suffered a little overspray on the black. Looks like I need masking practice again. The Krylon Sunburst yellow dried to more of a Daytona yellow and didn't match the decals well. I had trouble getting the decal to lay and stay flat, so I "laminated" the decals with scotch tape and will clear coat tomorrow. All in all, a fine model!

I've had this model for a long time and it has also been built for a long time. I've finally finished it! Do you still sell these Flying Silverado? I think it turned out fairly nice, but I want to do another Cherokee, but use yellow where the red is used. I skimped on a few of the decals, but I'm very pleased with the result!

Here's the Cherokee-D hanging out with his good friend the Estes V2. Hopefully, next weekend I'll be flying the V2 with the Flea, Spin Fin and the Arrow-C. I just don't know if it will be at Whitakers, as I have a little AP to burn up! :D

A very nice collection you have there! I have the spinfin too, but I've flown her twice on C6's and she still hasnt span. :(
Karl

I'll let you know if this one spins or not. Oh how I wish I had a movie camera for launches.!

Latest posts

Back