Fallout - No spoilers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo52

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Fallout yet? I was anticipating a series because I am a huge fan of Walton Goggins. I was also a fan of the game although I didn’t play much. The series reminds me a lot of the movie Atomic City. So far I’m not overly impressed and have mixed feelings about how it is portrayed.

There is everything to like about the show. The acting is good and the visuals are good as well, however, the story seems a bit sketch. I guess everyone will need to make up their mind on their own but if you watched it, what do you think so far?

Last edited:
I liked the game. I like the show. I like all the easter eggs, double entendres, and references to other stories. Sorry - no spoilers. Purely entertainment value for Fallout 4 fans. If you try to make it canonical, you'll just have a bad day.

I am up to last episode. I like it otherwise I would not have gotten past the first episode. It’s a bit odd and yes jumps around a bit. Some scenes are a bit goofy. Without giving much away, hard to comment but i liked the initial story line in first episode. Kind grew up in that era.

I just want to know if they will make a Skyrim movie as I’m a much better fan of that game…

Ps 1500 hours and counting :eek: :headspinning:

It’s a bit odd and yes jumps around a bit. Some scenes are a bit goofy.

Like the game - jumps around and can be very goofy. The Ghoul had a perfect quote (that I can't tell you) that explains exactly why one "jumps around" a lot in the Wasteland. People who played the game will get it.

Never played the game, but enjoyed the series very much. Good watch when on the bike trainer, entertaining but not deep enough to need serious focus.

I watched the first episode, but haven't had time to watch more yet. I've played Fallout 4, but don't have too much time in the rest of the series. The show really gets the tone of the game. So far it has been entertaining to me, but I'm just getting started.

I started watching last night, and got about halfway through. Never played the game, so really had no idea going into it, and wasn't fully into it til I picked back up this afternoon. Just finished. By the end of episode 5 or so, something clicked and I'm hooked. Pretty dang good, I'm looking forward to Season 2 😎

I started watching last night, and got about halfway through. Never played the game, so really had no idea going into it, and wasn't fully into it til I picked back up this afternoon. Just finished. By the end of episode 5 or so, something clicked and I'm hooked. Pretty dang good, I'm looking forward to Season 2 😎
The game is 5 bucks on steam right now, I’d pick it up if I was you.

I'm a fan of the game series, especially 1 and 2.

I enjoyed the game references in episode 1. It didn't completely grab me, but it was enough fun to keep watching. By the end of the third episode, I was hooked.

A TV show and a game are very different media with different storytelling needs. I think they've done a great job of balancing it, retaining just the right amount of Fallout game elements without messing up the TV storytelling.

Like the way the main character is introduced giving a resume of skills, abilities, and attributes that echoes the Fallout character creation at the beginning of each game. Or the availability of medical kits that can instantly save you from near-fatal injury. Combat feels a lot like the Fallout games, with time slowing down to allow strategically aimed shots. (Also gruesome and grievous injury.)

To me, it adds fun — it's sort of embracing the absurdity of video game RPG tropes while also laughing at them. (Also, it makes me want to play the games again.)

I've started watching Ep1. I'm half, maybe 3/4 way through. I'm at the scene where the brother walks into the other group's silo (bunker, lair, whatevs). Never even seen so much as a still from the game. But just from that scene, I have an idea on the rest of the series, or at least the first season. Anyone wanna DM me so I can test my theory without putting more info or spoilers here? But yes, I liked what I've seen so far and will probably finish the season. But I still wanna see if I've guessed the premise.

Back