3D Printing Exporting .stl files from Rocksim 9?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikeMikey

Lost in Space
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to 3D printing and would like to export files from Rocksim to my slicer. Rocksim does supposedly have this feature, but I have been unable to get it to work. I have read this article:
which indicates that you export .stl files from the component's edit screen. I don't have this option -- only .csv or .svg files.
There is an export option under the "file" heading that does have an .stl option under "export 3D model", and I can create a file that way -- only it doesn't actually create a file (it just says it does).
I have read this thread:
but it's not working for me.
I'm running version 9.4 and it is apparently up to date.
Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
NikeMikey

I will work the next day or so to post back how to do it.

I just tried this with Version: 9.6.0f202 (The latest), and the way that works for me is: File>Export 3D model> Wavefront (.mtl). This will export an .obj file and a .mtl file. You can ignore the mtl file and import the obj file into Cura. If you have Windows 10, you can open the obj file in 3D builder and save it as an stl file.
Problem solved!

I just tried this with Version: 9.6.0f202 (The latest), and the way that works for me is: File>Export 3D model> Wavefront (.mtl). This will export an .obj file and a .mtl file. You can ignore the mtl file and import the obj file into Cura. If you have Windows 10, you can open the obj file in 3D builder and save it as an stl file.
Problem solved!

I have gotten it to work as STL files but it is tough.

Back