• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes Shuttle #7246 - available at Walmart.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, those appear to be by a third party seller with rough reviews and they're $80 each. Delivery estimate is a month away. Unless you're seeing them from a different source on the Walmart page?

For what it's worth, those appear to be by a third party seller with rough reviews and they're $80 each. Delivery estimate is a month away. Unless you're seeing them from a different source on the Walmart page?

I'm seeing the same thing - sketchy seller at [email protected]. That email is all you get for customer service.

For what it's worth, I've had a few problematic experiences with 3rd party Wallmart sellers. Unlike Amazon, Wallmart does little to nothing to intercede on your behalf when things go sideways and communication evaporates.
BTDT, got things resolved via credit card dispute mechanism. Not interested in repeating.

Good luck either way!

Thanks. I guess my other of three options was eBay where they’re going for $150+. I did take a gamble. I noticed the date as well, so here’s keeping my fingers crossed. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks. I guess my other of three options was eBay where they’re going for $150+. I did take a gamble. I noticed the date as well, so here’s keeping my fingers crossed. I’ll keep you posted.

Good luck, it's a fun kit and I'm sorry Estes discontinued it.
I've built a couple of them, and might have another one in the "just in case" stash. Trimming the glider to fly level into the wind and with the wind, still eludes me.

a

Several bad experiences with third party Walmart sellers - luckily the credit card company resolved them as disputed charges, same as afadeev said earlier.

Again, visit your brick and mortar, independent hobby shops whenever possible. I saw these on shelves at original retail (or below) in three separate hobby shops, this last year. And I don't have any that are truly local. I have to travel to get to these places, but the finds are almost always worth the effort.

SCORE!!!!! I actually called around and found 2 still in stock from HobbyTown in Tyler, TX. It was a day-trip well worth it! Purchased them both for $40 each. Looks like they've been on the shelf for past 5 years, but still in sealed plastic bag and everything looks intact. If I don't receive the one I purchased from WalMart by the end of next month, I'll just dispute the charges and get my money back.

They had your general rockets like they have at Hobby Lobby. They had 2 Estes Saturn V's (Skylab Edition) 1:100 scale for $99.95 each, one Saturn V (1:200 scale - RTF), NASA SLS (rtf), Cherokee E, Dragonite, Vapor kits, and a couple of starter kits. They had a Madcow Black Brant II and another MPR (can't remember what it was) on display in the front window, but no other MPR kits on the shelves (or back in stockroom) for sale.

My local Walmart is a Super Center that is hardly Super; they carry no rockets, Estes or otherwise.

My local Walmart is a Super Center that is hardly Super; they carry no rockets, Estes or otherwise.
WM hasn’t carried rocket kits and motors for over a decade - the OP was attempting to make a purchase from a third party vendor - they can use Walmart.com as a “storefront” that has no connection to Walmart proper. Unlike the at least minimal oversight that Amazon exercises over storefronts, Walmart is pretty much a no show if a buyer has a problem with those third party sellers.

By NO means am I a fan of WM. I have gotten some good deals using their mail order/storefront, and I've never really had any issues - yet. (Even though this is looking more like an issue than a find). I have three "super" WM's within 2-10 miles distance of me - and if I go to any one of those with a list of items I need, I can guarantee that each store will be out of at least one item on my list. It's rather frustrating. Try their grocery "delivery" service... HA!!!! it's more of a hassle to wait for them to deliver, AND get everything you ordered from the website that they said they were in stock of, than to just go to the store, get what you need and leave. It's supposed to be a covenience.. much more of a hassle. No thanks.

I have plenty of cons that WM tends to "behave" sometimes, but that would be completely different subject matter. .

Back