Estes Saturn V Returns?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Garvin

Male Strumpet
Reaction score
So, I just installed the Estes App on my iPad....and noticed an additional rocket listed with the skill level 4 kits. You can't see it from the web site and following the "Additional Information" button gives a 404......

Hmmmmm......

image.jpg

Hat to be the bearer of bad news, but the Estes app has current and past rockets as a resource. :y:

Over the years Estes has made some mysterious decisions regarding the Sat V and at this point not much would surprise me.
Some of the new E and F motors they've introduced in the last couple of years would seem to be ideal for some of their maxi-size models they've dropped from the lineup.

Most of those models have never really flown well with any of the previously-available BP motors.

My own guess is when we come up on the 50th anniversary of the actual Apollo flights in 2017-2019, it would make sense for the Sat V to make a reappearance.

Last edited:
Oh well....I guess I got excited since it was the "catalog" mode and has their 2014 lineup in it, saying "Back by popular demand".....

Sigh....and I was gonna build another one....this time a 5 motor cluster with functional nozzles!

Back