Estes Pro Series Pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
Searched for another thread on this but didn't see any... Has anyone seen the new Estes Pro Series Pad? They got one in at my LHS and I must say that I am amazed. $10 worth of parts (some lightweight PVC pipe, a PVC joint, rod, deflector) for $79.00. I hope no one actually buys one of these things. I was hoping that they would at least come out with something similar to the old Power Plex pad.

Yep I saw one at my hobby store, along with some built Pro Series kits( made by one of the owners of the shop).
It looks....bad,
It doesnt look professional, its just plane white tubes with a rod.
The only thing I like for is the longer 1/4" rod it comes with.
Is there any adjustments you can make to change the angle?

I think the same way about the kits... I could make them for around $20 scratch built, I know they need to make a profit, but everything is just so expensive.

I have no problem with the pricing of the kits. They are slightly on the high side of what I would expect of a similarly priced LOC or Madcow kit but I applaud Estes for bringing these to market and plan to buy a Smoke this weekend if it is available from our launch vendor on-site.

No, the pad does not appear to have the ability to be adjusted at all (not that I ever adjust my launch angles from vertical anyway). It simply has a PVC 3-way elbow with a whole in the middle that the rod goes into.

Back