Estes Phoenix clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally gave the Phoenix a maiden…….and it will have to live up to its name, and rise from the ashes!!!! Too much delay equals crumpled body tube……but, I had the coupler and tube on hand to effect repairs. F39 next time!
I built the Estes one years ago. That model is known for turning sideways in flight. Could also be due to the CP/CG change if there is upper chute movement, lots of wadding helped….The long body fins and small bottom fins are my guess the real problem though….. I rebuilt that one using a little longer top body tube, about 3” longer and it flew much better. I used D12-4 with happy flights.

sorry to see the crash….glad you were able to save it.

If you have an E30-7 laying around, try that. I've found that it is just about perfect in mine.
I second that. My Estes Phoenix built long ago was built stock. It flew very well on an E30. I've flown it a number of times and the rear fins get battered a lot, but no problems with the rear body tube.

Back