Estes: "Dents & Dings" Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am definitely interested to hear what people get when they order this stuff. I personally would stay away from the mystery box, based on others' past experience.
The mystery box is already sold out, but maybe that's a good thing given how most people felt the last time Estes had a mystery box.

I was gonna buy three sets of centering rings. The cost $1.97. By the time tax and shipping was figured, the cost over $39. No way.
I don't think very many people (outside of Amazon Prime type of situations) make small online purchases like that, sale or no sale.

Kinda odd how such a small item would lead to that much shipping, though. Probably some shipping program that does that automatically and sometimes overcharges. Estes wouldn't be the only company guilty of that...

EDIT: the only centering rings I saw had a sale price of $3.99. So three sets would be about $12 before tax and shipping. Still a lot to pay for tax and shipping, though.

Back