Estes Dark Energy #7219

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've thought about removing one of the fins and going with four instead of five. Just seems a little to busy with five fins on that size BT. It would take some weight and drag of as well. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Tim, Chris, Iso: thanks Gents! I used the provided chute, but cut a spill hole. The nose begs for some multi-color attention; I felt compelled to give it some! Iso: if you come across one, pick it up; it's a nice kit!

John and Paul, feel free to post progress and/or results as you wish here. John, you certainly could go with four fins; I'm sure it would still be plenty stable while saving weight and drag as you mentioned! It'll still look cool, but the nifty fin jig won't be quite as useful!

-Eric-

Iso: if you come across one, pick it up; it's a nice kit!

-Eric-

Well our new Hobby Lobby store opened up yesterday and I went to check out thier selection of rockets. They had about 20 kits, less than I expected for such a large store, and unfortunately no Dark Energy kit. Also no Pro Series Nike Smoke that I would've liked to pick up. They did have a few Estes F & G motors for sale. Guess if I want these kits I will have to order them online.

Back