Estes C-11 in ASP V-2 or Pratt Tomahawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
Since I hate to fly these two birds with motor adaptors, and my flying field isn't quite big enough for them to fly on the D motors, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience using the new Estes C-11 series of motors in these birds. I am also wondering how to estimate the ejection delay for both as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Goose.

Someone else may chime in here that is familiar with the two birds you are talking about. In the meantime, can you give the rest of us some minimum specs on them? Body diameter, length, and weight would tell us a lot.

Now, as a quick note.... if, for instance, it is specified that one of these birds can fly on a D12-5, then I would typically use a C11-3 if I were going to fly it on a C11. If they specify a D12-3.... it might be questionable to fly it on a C11-3. It would depend on the weight.

I just ran RockSim on a Pratt Region-D Tomahawk. Now the sim said it weight 1.7oz empty. It went to 780 feet and said optimum delay was 5 seconds.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I am planning to Fly the Tomahawk on tuesday, I'll get you the flight report as soon as I can so you can add it to the EMRR Review.

Goose

Hey Nick!

The Tomahawk flew great on the C-11. Since I use a slightly heavy recovery system, I used the 3 second delay and it was about perfect:D. Unfortunately the chute tangled and it cracked three fins when it landed:( . I tried to enter a flight Log at EMRR but I do not know if it made it. I will check again and re-enter if I do not see it.

Thanks for the Rocksim info.
Goose

Back