Estes 2021 catalog status?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NARCON news... Print catalogs should be at Penrose in about a week. They’ll automatically mail one to you if you’ve placed an order in the last six months.

I neglected to ask about the electronic copy.
My hardcopy showed up in the post today. Thanks, Estes!!!

I'm curious, did you request a copy from the website or did Estes "automaticly" send you one because you have placed an order recently?

I requested a copy and I believe the one that showed up was in response to that. But Bill Stine did promise that people who had ordered within the last six months would automatically get one. And I have ordered directly from Estes in the last six months.

They have been including a catalog in every one of my orders. I was able to give Ken of Performance Hobbies quite a stack of duplicates at the last NOVAAR launch.

Ok thanks. I meant the 7227. This past year has been a doozie, didn't realize it was that long ago. :headspinning:

Ok thanks. I meant the 7227. This past year has been a doozie, didn't realize it was that long ago. :headspinning:
Sirius and JonRocket have the smaller Semroc LJIIs available - not quite level of detail or as impressive size-wise but with paper wraps rather than plastic maybe a little easier to build.

That's it. I'm sitting in the corner to sulk for a week. 🤬
Well, the X-24 (or at least my X-24s) doesn’t glide all that well, more like falling with style rather than gliding 😉 And it’s readily available from Squirrel Works plus it’s pretty easy to clone - there are .PDFs around of the skins with the original graphics and variations.

But I will agree it would have been really something special if the DARC had been a boost glider - we don’t see too many direct connections (some, but not a lot) between current Estes kits and old Centuri designs.

I requested one directly from their website a couple of weeks ago and just got it Thursday. The last hardcopy catalog I have from them is the 2016 one and I didn't even think they were doing them anymore until someone posted it here which is what prompted me to order it.

Well, the X-24 (or at least my X-24s) doesn’t glide all that well, more like falling with style rather than gliding 😉 And it’s readily available from Squirrel Works plus it’s pretty easy to clone - there are .PDFs around of the skins with the original graphics and variations.

But I will agree it would have been really something special if the DARC had been a boost glider - we don’t see too many direct connections (some, but not a lot) between current Estes kits and old Centuri designs.

I've made a couple of X-24s and yes, they don't glide that well but they are fun. Heck, I could prolly make a Gemini capsule on a Rogallo wing fly better. The DARC just should have been a boost glider. It just seems like a crazy decision when it could have been so very cool.

Back