Eggtimer Classic Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwightr

TRA 18787
Reaction score
It was too windy to fly today so I put together an Eggtimer Classic. It was my first attempt at an Eggtimer Kit. IMG_2034.jpg It went together in about an hour and a half. Instructions were pretty good but some of the pictures were out of focus and it was a little difficult to figure out where some of the components went. I used .032 63/37 solder, fine tip at 350F. I had to trim a little bit of height off of the header pins to make it fit in an Apogee 29mm AvBay along with a small 1S LiPo.

I really like this flight computer. Don't forget to initialize the memory. Also, I found the continuity LEDs to be very dim with the included resistors and a 1S LiPo. I changed out to different, brighter LEDs, and reduced the series resistor from their 820 ohm to something smaller, it may have been 270 ohm. If you make this resistor smaller, it is a good idea to check that the continuity current doesn't come close to the maximum no fire current of whatever igniters are connected.

And yes, the assembly photos were quite poor! It is such a great product, thought.

Back