Egg Timer Quark Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad of Sapling

Reaction score
I have the itch to expand my experience and try dual deploy at the MPR level. I'm leaning towards the Egg Timer Quark. I have the skills to do the assembly (I think) and you can't beat the price point if it doesn't work out. My question is about the battery. The information I see calls for a 4 volt LiPo battery. All I can find that are small enough are 3.7 volt. What batteries are you using on the Quark? Am I not looking in the right place for the 4 volt batteries? I've been looking at hobby supply sites and Amazon.
As a side question, are you happy with the Quark, is anyone using it for MPR?
Thanks

Like the others posted, a 2S LiPo work well.

I have built and flown a number of Quarks and they work great for simple DD. and they fit into smaller rockets. Smallest I have built is into a BT50 (24mm ) tube coupler.
For thi I use two small single cell LiPo batteries wired in series.

What size BT do you need to stuff this into?

I don't know why I was thinking it was a 4 volt battery. I guess it was the time change. Anyway I'm thinking of using an Estes Vapor which is a BT 60.it
Oops like I will have plenty of room.

You MUST use a 2S Lipo with the Quark. The output drivers won't work properly with anything under about 4.5V... just a tad too low for a 1S Lipo.

Back