Effects of government shutdown on rocket launches (TFR's)?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's missing from Congress now is niceness and respect. Somewhere along the line in the past few decades, it's become de rigeur to view the other party as "The Enemy" and to view any view that they have as wrong and evil, and that no compromise with them should be accepted or even attempted. Although he had a lot of views that I don't agree with, I have great respect for Ronald Reagan; he was able to work with people that didn't agree with him and that he didn't agree with. We could use more in DC like him.

And on the actual topic at hand, I hope they get together and work out the budget so we don't have any BLM issues with launches in the foreseeable future. I got a lot of AP waiting to be burned...

My non-partisan reply about how this is not the political dynamic that is causing the problem at the moment was deleted, and I’ve been given a “last warning” about posting about politics.

Sometimes these rules about politics are hard for me to parse and know exactly where the line is. For example, it seems like you CAN actually post a political opinion and take a side on the budget issue, like this:

Exactly what I am saying. The budget and spending is not smoke and mirrors. We have to reign in spending.

But if you post about the facts of the impasse without taking a side, it’s deleted, and you get a warning.

Someday I’ll sort it out.

My non-partisan reply about how this is not the political dynamic that is causing the problem at the moment was deleted, and I’ve been given a “last warning” about posting about politics.

Sometimes these rules about politics are hard for me to parse and know exactly where the line is. For example, it seems like you CAN actually post a political opinion and take a side on the budget issue, like this:

But if you post about the facts of the impasse without taking a side, it’s deleted, and you get a warning.

Someday I’ll sort it out.
How very diplomatic of you. 😂

My favorite word to come out of the news coverage of the fallout following the continuing resolution is “oust”. That’s just fun to say! Oust!

It looks like a decent chance we will be looking at this same situation in under 2 weeks. Funding runs through November 17.

10 days to go, if anyone needs to coordinate with the FAA or Bureau of Land Management.

Back