Earth's final minutes in the year 2029

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Down to zero now.

And, if instead of zero, a recalulation had set the probability to, say, 80%... ...what would they then announce?

That the odds have been reduced to zero. Go on about your life, nothing to worry 'bout here...

:D :D :D

Originally posted by jflis
And, if instead of zero, a recalulation had set the probability to, say, 80%... ...what would they then announce?

"We have been building in the limestone caves of Missouri.....".

That the odds have been reduced to zero. Go on about your life, nothing to worry 'bout here...

What fun is that?

New Madrid Fault. Missing Fissionables. Mutating prions.

Ahhhh...... much better.

This is what happens when you teach kids to duck and cover in case of nuclear explosion, and that in case of nuclear explosion, nothing will help.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
"We have been building in the limestone caves of Missouri.....".

What fun is that?

New Madrid Fault. Missing Fissionables. Mutating prions.

Ahhhh...... much better.

This is what happens when you teach kids to duck and cover in case of nuclear explosion, and that in case of nuclear explosion, nothing will help.

You are right about the nuke if you are at ground ZERO.
The duck and cover drills were for those lucky many (not few) that had time to see the flash (and therefore be far enough a way) and run for cover before the shock wave hit. When I was in grad school and saw these fun cartoons, my school was 20 miles from a major Army Depot and 130 miles from the largest biological and chemical storage facility in the continental U.S. If a smaller nuke hit the depot or a very large hit the storage facility, we would have a higher chance of survival if you were under the desk then if you were standing at the window admiring the bright glow of the clouds. You probable think that duck tape and plastic sheeting will not help ether. You only need to add a positive airflow HEPA filter and you are set. Don’t for get to buy you Israel gas mask…….

Any way don’t believe everything you hear on TV

Originally posted by KermieD
They know too. Didn't you see The Land Before Time XXXIII where they took the pterodactyls up to stop the asteroid? :D

LOL i knew there had to be a reason those things had wings:D

i tried to find the actual coordinates of this asteroid last night, but to no avail. i had my telescope ready for some deep sky observation. lol. i ended up looking at the moon for a couple hours. and then vaguely catching a spiral galaxy way off in the distance, but my eyepiece had like the smallest spec of crap on it, so it was blurred.

Originally posted by KermieD
They know too. Didn't you see The Land Before Time XXXIII where they took the pterodactyls up to stop the asteroid? :D
I thought it was a ship full of Cybermen and Adric crashing into the earth which CATO'd the dinosaurs? :D

Originally posted by cydermaster
I thought it was a ship full of Cybermen and Adric crashing into the earth which CATO'd the dinosaurs? :D

Eh? I thought the dinosaurs were hunted to extinction by Earl Reagan and his crew?

Back