Dr. Zooch's Soyuz Rockey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitruvius

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I've been looking for Dr.Zooch's Soyuz Rocket kit and I cannot seem to find it any where, Has He gone out of business? I mainly want it for display with occasional flights. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get the kit at a close to original release price? Thanks in advance for Your time. Cheers

Hello Friends,
I've been looking for Dr.Zooch's Soyuz Rocket kit and I cannot seem to find it any where, Has He gone out of business? I mainly want it for display with occasional flights. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get the kit at a close to original release price? Thanks in advance for Your time. Cheers
Yeah, Wes closed up shop maybe 2 or so years ago. See his kits occasionally on EBay but at outrageous vintage/collectible prices. ERockets continues to make only a couple of models, Soyuz is not one.
Maybe place a posting in the Yard sale/Wanted forum?

Thank You both, BEC, and Kuririn,
I'll check with Randy, whom, if I'm not mistaken, runs His business about 5 miles away from where I live! Yep, Thunderhawk is about 5 miles away from where I live in Fairborn, Oh. Thanks again for the info. If I findout that Randy is willing to re-release Zooch's Soyuz, I'll let You all know! Cheers!

There were two versions, one was a slightly smaller size and was bundled with the white tank Saturn 1b for the ASTP 40th anniversary (1975-2015) commemorative bundle limited edition. The smaller Soyuz came with a printed body tube wrap for the interstage truss, but I made my own out of dowels.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.37.27 AM.png

Last edited:
I am just starting to build one. Will print most of the parts. If you go to Thingiverse and search for it, it is the 1/50th scale one. Glad to share ideas and parts or stuff.

AWESOME, Fellows! Thanks You all! Believe it or not: Going through a box of 3 Ring Binders, I found my Binder of Model Rocket plans from "The Art of Model Rocketry"! Guess what was in it? The 1/63rd plans for the Vostok! Now all I need to do is to make the upper stage and the Soyuz portions. I also have a 1/73rd scale plans for a Mercury /Atlas. (clear Fins, and single engine). I'll use it to make my "Men Into Space" MR-1. (Of course, I'll swing test the MR 1/Atlas before I launch it!). Jaqui and I have the Flu bug now, (I'm not too bad, but Jaqui's got it a little bit rougher) so it will be a while before I can get to UPS/Kinko's to get the plans I have for the upper stage and Soyuz proper. Caaatch You all laater….Cheers! signed, One happy Modeler! LOL!

eRockets has the Soyuz cone, BNC-60SU, and the smaller cones for the "carrots", BNC-20SU, that fit the Alway plan. The Alway plan builds into Vostok; you'll have to replace the everything from the lattice up. Note the Soyuz lattice has 12 segments compared to the Vostok's 8. I've built both. They fly great on D12-3 and E12-4.

Good Luck

Hi, Mark B. , I appreciate Your input. I'm glad to hear about E-Rockets having what I need. Yes, the plans are for the Vostok and the lattice does need to be corrected. as well as lengthening the upper stage. It has been said that "Great Minds think a like". I guess that means, Mark, that we have great mins...LOL! Thank You for Your input. Cheers, Larry

Back