Doing fillets with Titebond Quick and Thick

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody had any luck using some kind of tool to form the fillets rather than your finger?

Has anybody had any luck using some kind of tool to form the fillets rather than your finger?

I’ve used everything from cake decorating balls, popsicles sticks, spoons, bottle caps etc etc. at the end of the day my finger gives me a better finish.

If you seem to be dragging too much glue or it’s getting sticky then dip your finger in water before you do the final pass

I’ve used everything from cake decorating balls, popsicles sticks, spoons, bottle caps etc etc. at the end of the day my finger gives me a better finish.

If you seem to be dragging too much glue or it’s getting sticky then dip your finger in water before you do the final pass
+1

Damp with water works perfectly. If you want to experiment with alcohol, go right ahead and please post your results here. It'll probably work fine, and may be preferable in some sense since it'll evaporate much more quickly. I probably will stick with water either way, but am interested to hear your results.
Remember to use a GLOVED Finger For epoxy.

+1, my finger seems to work the best with Q and T.

Useful if you have a tendency to apply too much glue in the first place... when I have the touch working (which is only sometimes) tape is not necessary.
I'm pretty good with TitebondII fillets but I usually put on too much, so it would be tape for me.

Back