Titebond I/II/III & Elmer's Carpenter Glue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the DRM thread:
"papering, wood fillers, wood glue thinned, sanding sealer, finishing resin, Elmers white glue, will it ever end?"

Today I coated the plywood fins with tight bond II glue which I thinned down with distilled water on 2 rockets. I sanded between coats with 220 grit paper and a final 220 Grit sandpaper after I got done. Seemed to produce a very good smooth finish.

I switched from TBII to TBIII for the longer working time. I even managed to use it on a coupler recently when I didn't feel like whipping up epoxy for the job, but I couldn't recommend that as anything but a risky endeavor.

Re. cost, I'm on course to use maybe two bottles a year (perhaps I need to build more rockets), and at that rate the cost difference between II and III is nearly invisible compared to so many other expenses in the hobby.

I switched from TBII to TBIII for the longer working time. I even managed to use it on a coupler recently when I didn't feel like whipping up epoxy for the job, but I couldn't recommend that as anything but a risky endeavor.

Re. cost, I'm on course to use maybe two bottles a year (perhaps I need to build more rockets), and at that rate the cost difference between II and III is nearly invisible compared to so many other expenses in the hobby.
Agree. Just got 16 oz TBII shipped by Wallyworld for $6.48 and the same size TBIII is $7.98; hardly a wallet buster. Cheaper than from Amazon and even the local Ace hardware, btw (my local Ace has 16oz TBII for $10 and TBIII for $12, so about 50% more expensive than WW).

Back