Cycling?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice ride Eugene. Bikesdirect does seem to touch a nerve with a lot of cyclists, more than buying online rocket supplies ever would. I think many cyclists are brand snobby, and seeing a online only brand that is just as good as their bike shop brand, at half the price irks them. That said, you can buy a whole lot of bike for a pretty good price. You just have to be willing to assemble and adjust it yourself.
I hit the Murphy Hanrahan 10 mile singletrack last night for some fun. Unfortunately, I fell off the log ride, brusing my lower lip a little and bending my noodly derailleur hangar and the left brake lever. I have ridden this log dozens of times, and never had any crashes, at worst just had to bail out. I have even ridden it at night, with the lights. The picture doesn't show it very well (not me in pic), but the log is a big bananna curve, entering the tree from the branches end, climbing and curving until you exit the root end with a 3 foot drop. I lost it about where John's rear wheel is in the shot, about where you straighten out after the curve.
This weekend, I'm riding the ADA Tour-de-cure with my 13 Y.O. Type I diabetic son.

MurphyLogJohn2a.jpg

I won an auction on eBay last night for a 50 cc Morini pit bike motor. The Morini I was going to order was 3 HP for $429 shipped. The eBay Motor is 8 HP for $285 barely used.

I'm going to have fun this summer :)

Latest posts

Back