Cox motor retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thaks for reminding me, I forgot I had the Space Shuttle America. I found a Little Joe II at Naram 58, in their childrens give away rocket bin, where they give kids a rocket and motor to fly, and take. They would not accept that I identified as a 12 yr old so could not get it. Dont know if anyone chose it as a young man there at the time I tried to convice to take it as it was a "collectors" was not interested as it was not cool enough for him. Not sure if they pulled it, as I did see it or one just like it in the collectors auction at the end of Naram. Someday if I find one at a price I can afford, I might get one. I actually got the Nike Zeus, new off Ebay last year.
Nice. I'm well aware that you probably don't want to sell, but would it be possible for you to give me an idea as to who might have one for sale,or should I just keep on checking eBay or the forum?

Here are what I show for Cox engine clips, I dont have the Cox Little Joe II so can not speak with authority on it, but believe it uses the same 18mm clip as the others, also note on the Nike, the booster loads from the top, and the "ejection tunnel" is the retainer for the booster section, turned by the "key" included. Also the Saturn 1B has the option of single 24mm or dual 18mm.
I had a Cox Little Joe II and it used the 18mm clip.

I have a file for the 18mm Cox motor clips that I drew for a customer last year. They're not on our website but can be purchased for $1.50 ea or 5 for $5.00 plus shipping.

Alex Boyce

I have a file for the 18mm Cox motor clips that I drew for a customer last year. They're not on our website but can be purchased for $1.50 ea or 5 for $5.00 plus shipping.

Alex Boyce
That's absolutely wonderful! I knew you people were the ones I needed to talk

Alex Boyce
You should definitely think about putting them up in the web site because I know I'm not the only one looking for them.
Here are what I show for Cox engine clips, I dont have the Cox Little Joe II so can not speak with authority on it, but believe it uses the same 18mm clip as the others, also note on the Nike, the booster loads from the top, and the "ejection tunnel" is the retainer for the booster section, turned by the "key" included. Also the Saturn 1B has the option of single 24mm or dual 18mm.
I need to get a sample of both the 24mm and the twin engine retainers in order to have copies made. Would you be able to help me out with that, or are those the only ones you have?

Sorry, but yes those are the only ones I have. Since Boyce has the 18mm on file, I will hold off on opening and shipping what I have.

I haven't been able to find any source to date but I'm still actively looking. I believe my Honest John still in it's original box has one but I'd have to dig it out from somewhere.

I haven't been able to find any source to date but I'm still actively looking. I believe my Honest John still in it's original box has one but I'd have to dig it out from somewhere.
Maybe you can get some of the 18's from Boyce if you need them,I just put an order in for some today.I'm still going to need the 24 and the twin motor though cuz I might be getting a Saturn 1B, probably gonna cost an arm and two legs though.The search goes on...

I don't think their engine retainers would be a retro fit for the original Cox products. They seem to be of the screw on type.

Very nice Mike, especially the Nike Zeus, looks almost new, have you had it for a long time?I'm currently in the hunt for the Space Shuttle America, but I'm not holding out any hope in finding one of them. And yes you're right, the Little Joe uses the same clip as the Honest John, I had one of them a Long time ago.I'm also aware of the two motor cluster in the Saturn 1b,,had that one too.
Did you ever find your Space Shuttle?, There is one on Ebay currently.

Found them all, and also recently paid through the nose on eBay, but found a good used Little Joe II. Put them all back in the box for a Family Photo

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_125205332.jpg
    IMG_20230802_125205332.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back