Cox motor retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relative Dimensions

Reaction score
I'm looking to find the motor retainer clips for the 18mm Cox Honest John,does anybody have some, and if not can you tell where I might be able to find some?I realize this is a long shot but I have to try.I've sent out several messages and e-mails to various sources but so far I've come up empty.Might someone be able to make a few for me?

I'm looking to find the motor retainer clips for the 18mm Cox Honest John,does anybody have some, and if not can you tell where I might be able to find some?I realize this is a long shot but I have to try.I've sent out several messages and e-mails to various sources but so far I've come up empty.Might someone be able to make a few for me?
What do they look like?

I wish I knew, it's been so long since I've seen one I can't remember, but if remember at all correctly I believe they're pushed in and turned to lock the motor in.Does any of that sound familiar?

1648620177449.png
Either copy the link or zoom in on the back of the package of one that sold on eBay worth point Saves all the pictures And you can zoom in and see what the plastic retainer clip looks like

I remember those. A circular ring with push in clips. I had a Cox LJII that used them.

You might post this over in ye old rocket forums.
There's a guy over there with the moniker of FaithWalker that knows a lot about Cox stuff.

He recently sent me a functional Cox igniter.

I remember those. A circular ring with push in clips. I had a Cox LJII that used them.

You might post this over in ye old rocket forums.
There's a guy over there with the moniker of FaithWalker that knows a lot about Cox stuff.

He recently sent me a functional Cox igniter.
[/QUOTE: I'been trying to get into the other forum but for some unknown reason I can't. Would you know how I can contact Faith Walker directly without having to get in to YeOldeRocketForum?

I thought it was Thingiverse, but searched that yesterday and came up empty. Sorry.
Yeah, I know, I checked that out too and got the same result.What I need is to find someone who has the model so the can give me the dimensions I need to have them printed.You wanna spread the word around?

Yeah, I know, I checked that out too and got the same result.What I need is to find someone who has the model so the can give me the dimensions I need to have them printed.You wanna spread the word around?

Sure.

I has hoped the Boyce Aerospace clone of the Cox HoJo would use that retainer, but that was a dead-end as well.

I could use one of these for my Nike Zeus as well. I've got the HO but can't remember where it is. I also searched at Boyce and nada.

Well, at least I found someone else who has a Nike Zeus so there still might some hope left after all. I drew a blank with Boyce too, sent an e- mail but didn't get a response yet.So where do we go from here?

Here are what I show for Cox engine clips, I dont have the Cox Little Joe II so can not speak with authority on it, but believe it uses the same 18mm clip as the others, also note on the Nike, the booster loads from the top, and the "ejection tunnel" is the retainer for the booster section, turned by the "key" included. Also the Saturn 1B has the option of single 24mm or dual 18mm.

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_084556506.jpg
    IMG_20220401_084556506.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220401_084604985.jpg
    IMG_20220401_084604985.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 16
Here are what I show for Cox engine clips, I dont have the Cox Little Joe II so can not speak with authority on it, but believe it uses the same 18mm clip as the others, also note on the Nike, the booster loads from the top, and the "ejection tunnel" is the retainer for the booster section, turned by the "key" included. Also the Saturn 1B has the option of single 24mm or dual 18mm.
Very nice Mike, especially the Nike Zeus, looks almost new, have you had it for a long time?I'm currently in the hunt for the Space Shuttle America, but I'm not holding out any hope in finding one of them. And yes you're right, the Little Joe uses the same clip as the Honest John, I had one of them a Long time ago.I'm also aware of the two motor cluster in the Saturn 1b,,had that one too.

Thaks for reminding me, I forgot I had the Space Shuttle America. I found a Little Joe II at Naram 58, in their childrens give away rocket bin, where they give kids a rocket and motor to fly, and take. They would not accept that I identified as a 12 yr old so could not get it. Dont know if anyone chose it as a young man there at the time I tried to convice to take it as it was a "collectors" was not interested as it was not cool enough for him. Not sure if they pulled it, as I did see it or one just like it in the collectors auction at the end of Naram. Someday if I find one at a price I can afford, I might get one. I actually got the Nike Zeus, new off Ebay last year.

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_095753224.jpg
    IMG_20220401_095753224.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 7
Back