Clone K-29

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Vrstal

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my Saturn 1b. It started out as a box of tubes I won in an auction.Wraps are from Paul Graf. Everything else was scratch built. Clone of original Estes K-29. Haven't flown her yet, afraid to see it lawndart..........Marty

Um, unless the picture is a figment of your imagination, you might want to repost with the picture as an attachment or as a link. :D

Sounds like it looks good!

Oh! ...sniff!...

it's beautiful...sniff!...

another clone...sniff!...

you make me so proud!...sniff!...

and scale too!...sniff!...

sandman

Wow! That is beautiful! I simply cannot imagine the effort put into cloning something like that. How long did that take to build? Would you do it again if you had to? Was it painfully sweet?

A few months ago I cloned the Mars Snooper II and lost it in the forest on its maiden flight. I can't seem to get around to building another. The ironic part is that I planned on flying it only for special occasions. I don't plan on building another one any time soon.

Best of luck to you if you do break down and decide to fly. Just be sure to take A LOT of pictures!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words guys. If I can remember, It took the better part of 2 months from start to finish. I fabricated the nose cones and did alot of guessing. I'm a stay at home Dad and have lots of time to tinker. Would I rebuild if I had to? Yes, most definetly. I'd love to have one in 1/50th scale. Pictures are another problem. Last launch, my wife was to take pictures of me and my rockets. Instead she shot them of the kids and her sister.I'll change that in the future.

Jeff Brundt fixed me up with Paul. Jeff's a member of the forum and has a web page, and some really beautiful rockets. E-mail him and see if he could do the same for you. The wraps were only about $20 bucks. Here's another picture, I hope it shows them better. Hope that helps.

Could you post a link to Pauls web page?

Awesome rocket...I would have to be shaking in my boots when i lit that one!

Someone asked who/what is Paul Graf? Now thats a question I ask myself every morning...

I was wondering why my ears have been ringing. If a ny of you are interested in the Saturn 1b wraps I can still make some. I don't have a web site, but you can email me with any questions you might have. I did have some pics of the wraps on the Kosrox Website (I dont remember the URL) or you could look at Martin's pic (nice job Martin!!).

later,

paul graf
[email protected]

Back